The more the merrier;-)

Options
Happy Monday to you all! Just thought I'd post as I'm looking for some new motivational friends to help me along my weight loss journey. So far I've lost 90 pounds and looking to keep going. So far what's been working for me is the keto diet lifestyle. Basically just watching my sugar and carb intake along with eating clean and lots of water! I'm a nurse from edmonton Alberta Canada just looking for people that share the same interests as me and who are stoked about living a happy healthy life. Add me if you want!
Have a good day everyone :-)

Replies

• MandyLion76
    MandyLion76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 90! That is amazing and very inspiring! Definitely will send a request and I am always open to adding anyone for accountability and positive motivation!
    Feel free to add!
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Will do thanks love! <3
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great job! 90lbs is no joke. Eating clean is the key. Keep it up!
  • fayx3
    fayx3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats! That's great motivation for me ! I'm currently in the process of losing weight I've lost 10 lbs since thanksgiving but I feel like I'm kind of stuck at a weight , it's good to hear you have some great motivation! And I also hope to start my nursing program in the fall! Good luck with your journey
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'd love to add you as a friend but I'm either having a blonde moment or I can't actually add people from the app version.
    I'm looking for people to help me on my journey to a more compacted me haha
  • chelsmccann
    chelsmccann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm from alberta too! (Medicine Hat) congratulations on your victories!
  • hornyswag
    Options
    I'm really curious on what the keto diet is. I did a little research and it says basically you eat fat to loose fat... How exactly does that work. Please help me understand.
  • tarcha07
    Options
    Hi, feel free to come & join my womans only weightloss & healthy living group! We can all supprt & learn somethung from one another :)
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/669091756521405?ref=bookmark
  • literatewench
    literatewench Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hornyswag wrote: »
    I'm really curious on what the keto diet is. I did a little research and it says basically you eat fat to loose fat... How exactly does that work. Please help me understand.

Keto is high fat, medium protein, minimal carbs (sugars and starches). Basically fat makes your stomach shut up about being hungry better than carbs do, and when you eat super low carbs your body burns fat for fuel instead of carbs. So you're still counting calories but it's easier to do because you're not starving.

Also no blood sugar spikes from carbs which can be super important for some folks.