Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    acarmon55 wrote: »
    ! won't cave like that again!!

Yes, you will ...
    ... and it will be OK then, too.

Next time enjoy one doughnut, job done!

^^ Yes. One thing I have learned to do when eating things like donuts is slooow down and enjoy them. Take the time to actually taste it. I remember when I used to sit down and eat donuts before I started losing weight and learned moderation. I would be on my third one before I would actually stop to taste them, lol. Now I've learned I can have these things and fit them in my calories, but I need to stop and savor them rather than plowing through three of them before I realize what I've done. :) I have treats daily, so I don't binge on them later. It has worked for me so far.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    I'm just in for the donuts :D

Log it and move on. Next time only have 1 donut and send me the other one!
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Wouldn't worry about it. Especially if you've been under, you may have "needed" the extra calories. Eat to little and you end up binging. The only trouble I could see is you may experience increased sugar cravings for a day or two. (That's what happens to me when I over indulge, and I end up having a bad week.)

• francesmarieg
    francesmarieg Posts: 75 Member
    It's ok to "treat" yourself every once in a while! As long as you don't make it a habit and have donuts EVERY DAY! I think you're fine! : )
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Trying to eat healthy, cut back on sugar, and lose about 10 lbs. I have only consistently logged for 10 days and have been doing so well. Will it mess up the loss of 1 lb a week because I know I will be over for the day.

Whoa- slow down there, Captain Panic. Two donuts is hardly the end of the world. To loose weight it's the overall net of calories- not really a daily thing but a weekly to monthly thing. One off day here or there does not prevent you from overall loss. So yes, you might go over today. Big deal. If you consistently go over all week then you could not loose or gain, but again it's a weekly or monthly pattern. Plus, why demonize donuts. I had to give them up for health reasons but I won't turn down a gluten free donut that was good (so far regulated to the land of mythical creatures like unicorns and husbands who clean up after themselves). I know I going to want occasional snacks that are calorie dense and nutrient poor and I have them in smaller quantities and less often.

So, cave once and a while and loosen up. Just keep an eye on your weekly bottom line and get the most out of your food selections the rest of the time.

• mwm158
    mwm158 Posts: 30 Member
    mmmmmm....dooooooonuuuuuuuuts -homer
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    If having a donut is falling off the wagon, I must not have ever been on it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    If having a donut is falling off the wagon, I must not have ever been on it.

Seriously.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    So I just looked at your diary. Given how far under you've been the past couple of days, I think you needed the donuts...
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    ....Log the donuts in your food diary, get on with the day. Seriously, it's not a disaster.
    Best advise

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    If you are eating way under you are setting yourself up for problems. Eat your daily allotment. Fill the gap with donuts if needed :)
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2015
    Trying to eat healthy, cut back on sugar, and lose about 10 lbs. I have only consistently logged for 10 days and have been doing so well. Will it mess up the loss of 1 lb a week because I know I will be over for the day.

Think of it this way: if you are 500 calories over today, that just means you will reach your goal one day later than you would have otherwise. It's not a big deal. If it were me i'd probably jump on the elliptical for an hour and burn those 500 calories :)

ETA: Considering you only ate 1200 calories yesterday and 1000 the day before, I'd say you're fine. You probably ate those donuts because your body hasn't been getting enough. Eat to your goal and you'll be less likely to fall off the wagon next time :)
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Thanks for all the advice. I did get up and go exercise. NOT because of the donuts calories but because of the way I felt. Feel A LOT better after exercising and the exercise did take up most of the donuts calories. I think I had panic because I was trying to change my eating habits and donuts are so high in sugar. Two was definitely too much. Next time I feel like donuts, I am going to take some of y'all's suggestions and go with 1/2 to just one and enjoy eating it slow. The way I wolfed the two down this morning I hardly remember enjoying eating them, but my stomach felt it! Thanks again for the support!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    There is no wagon.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Feel A LOT better after exercising and the exercise did take up most of the donuts calories.

That's awesome! Just be careful not to overestimate those exercise calorie burns either. MFP's database sometimes returns really high calorie numbers for exercise, and many people here have found (through experience) that logging them as such can result in eating back too many calories. YMMV.
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    A perfectly natural yet un-hole-ly (get it? un-"hole"-ly? hah? hah?) love for those deliciously little yeasty rings..and doughnuts..is what got me to this point

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    I plan to have mcdonalds tonight, I won't be in a deficit.. it will be maintenance which I'm so looking forward to, I've always rushed weightloss and it's caused me to binge, but not this time. I wouldn't worry so much, eat those foods occasionally.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    I plan to have mcdonalds tonight, I won't be in a deficit.. it will be maintenance which I'm so looking forward to, I've always rushed weightloss and it's caused me to binge, but not this time. I wouldn't worry so much, eat those foods occasionally.

Hey, nothing wrong with that at all! Just log it same as you would anything else.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    i lost 50 pounds eating donuts..

so no, one day won't mess up your progress...

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    It's ok to "treat" yourself every once in a while! As long as you don't make it a habit and have donuts EVERY DAY! I think you're fine! : )

if she hit her calorie number why would it matter if she had one every day?