Kettlebell workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Paul Katami is a certified instructor. His dvd's will kick your butt, especially Build and Burn. I use 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 lb kettlebells during my workout. Paul explains form quite well.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I LOVE the kettlebell! I keep it super-simple though. The Russian Swing is the only thing I do with it. I pasted the link below that got me started with it. It's a great way to work out when I don't have time to hit the gym. CAUTION! Do NOT overdo it the first couple of times. You will be totally out of commission for a couple of days if you do. LOL! Here's the link: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2011/01/08/kettlebell-swing/

Feel free to add me if you want to.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    psmd wrote: »
    thanks for those last links! i've done weight training with a trainer in the past so I feel pretty comfortable that my form will generally be okay, but I will definitely watch it.

I was going to go buy one tomorrow, there is 8, 12 or 15 pounds...any thoughts on this?

Don't go too light b/c you'll outgrow it quick. I would say start with 20 pounds.

kettlebellsusa.com/what-size-kettlebell-should-i-buy-guidelines-for-men-and-women-to-choose-a-starter-kettlebell-weight.html
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Also look up Skogg's workouts. He has 1 on youtube that is free. You can also buy his dvds. I've only done the Youtube workout, but I would say his videos are definitely worth purchasing.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    ok, so maybe don't try Jillian. lol
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    livefitrevolution.org
    RKC certified, free, video kettlebell workouts, and participants are not musclemen. Love it.

Avoid Jillian. The KB community had a heyday with that video. Not just her form but that she has no KB training and she made up some pretty dangerous moves.