Feeling angry since I started hardcore Dieting

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I am eating almost 1,500 calories a day! I have my breakfast shake in the morning, small snack between, Lunch is normally a apple with cream cheese dip and a CarbMaster or lite yogurt, a snack between and then dinner. I know I am getting food. But I have cut things down from what I use to eat I bet I use to eat over 3,000 calories not even thinks about it!!

Maybe 3000 to 15oo is too drastic a cut and maybe even unnecessary?
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN! It looks like you aren't getting any, or if any, very little. Protein sticks with you and keeps you full. Like someone else said... you are basically just snacking all day, and you are snacking on little things that aren't very filling. Try some eggs and bacon for breakfast instead of a shake. Have some turkey or chicken with veggies for lunch. I bet if you just use those breakfast and lunch calories a little differently, you will see a big difference!

Ditto. If you like yogurt try Greek yogurt to get that extra protein boost in your snacks.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That sounds like maybe most of your calories are at dinner? So your blood sugar may still be dipping in-between. I know if I ate an apple and some cream cheese for lunch I'd be about to choke every person I saw by the time I ate dinner at 6 pm, haha.

this :)
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Couple thoughts as I was reading through this....first, you said you're eating 1500 calories, but do you work out, and if you do, are you eating back your exercise calories? If you're not, they you may be creating too much of a deficit. Second, are you depriving yourself of something? I know if I don't get a semi-regular fix of chocolate, I get seriously mean. There should be no off-limit foods, just moderation. And....if you're eating enough, it's easy to fit in a small snack here and there!
  • beautifulmama11
    Options
    Everyone that had mentioned protein, carbs and calcium, I get all that I need of all of those. I often find that at the end of the day I have eaten too much protein on the myfitnesspal. I drink a cup of milk a day too!
  • slporter0003
    Options
    Why are you hardcore dieting? Eat within your calories and exercise. You don't have to be hardcore!!

^^this
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what to do! I have been up and down dieting and I have never had this problem. In the past almost 2 weeks I have really gone hard on my eating habits! Watching what I am eating and how much I am eating! But in the past 5 days I have been VERY touchy, cranky, angry, and violent feeling. Also getting dizzy spells. I know it has nothing to do with my menstrual cycle. I have talked to a few people and they said it is just the bodies reaction. Is this true? Or is there something else going on? I have talked to my doctor about losing weight, and how hard it is for me. So he is doing blood work testing different things like Blood sugar, thyroid, ect. I find all that out in a few days! But this is bothering me, I don't like feeling like this! I could use any thoughts at this point!! Thank You
    Stop up and down dieting. Especially if you are not doing heavy lifting or resistance training. You are probably removing more muscle with each up/down cycle. (Meaning every time you end up at the same low weight, more of that weight is fat than it was the last time.)
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    your hungry. Make sure you are eating back your exercise calories and getting at least 25 grams of lean protein per meal.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Everyone that had mentioned protein, carbs and calcium, I get all that I need of all of those. I often find that at the end of the day I have eaten too much protein on the myfitnesspal. I drink a cup of milk a day too!

You can not OD on protein unless you have kidney disease. Also, I find that changing my macro goals to 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat has really helped me to feel full all the time AND lose weight.
  • successby50
    successby50 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MFP totals are just a guideline. My protein totals go over even if I don't eat any actual "protein". It found in many foods.
    Also, try eating real foods, instead of the breakfast shakes and snack bars. Try real, filling foods. A raw veggie plate is very filling and low in calories!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It would be much easier to make suggestions if your food diary was open.

You stated that you are eating MFP's allowance for protein, I eat about 3 times the amount MFP says I should.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You can not OD on protein unless you have kidney disease. Also, I find that changing my macro goals to 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat has really helped me to feel full all the time AND lose weight.

THIS has helped me too. I was having a heck of a time balancing my needs until I changed my macro goals to reflect a more reasonable ratio. Protein goooood. :-)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just typed out a blog regarding feeling deprived...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RobynMWilson/view/deprivation-538187

You shouldn't be feeling dizzy so I'm glad you got the bloodwork. As for violent, that shouldn't be happening, either!

Instead of dieting, how about healthy eating? I sent you a FR and I'd love to know how many calories you're eating!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

It seems like you are not happy with any of the advice that people are offering, that you are content that what you are eating is correct.

IMO I would wait for the test results from your doctor.

then if everything comes back good, re read this post and see what you can learn from it :smile:
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    RbN9jXCl.jpg?1
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    This is absolutely normal. What your doing is a mental battle and this is part of it. You must learn to separate your mind from your hunger. Its hard.. its easy to take your hangry out on others but once you really get it under control it no longer affects your mood.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    "Hardcore dieting"? You mean, you're starving yourself?! Than, of course you're cranky. EAT MORE FOOD.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Your diet seems to be mainly sugar and/or processed foods. That's fine once in a while, but for every meal it can be too much for some people. Add a big salad and some steamed veggies in there some where. Some grilled chicken or eggs with veggies is going to fill you up more then a yogurt and apple and has much less sugar.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think your food is very light,1500 is good but Id take a look at the type of food,a shake in the morning is very little,you must get very hungry and also your lunch is very little,try 6 meals a day with protein in each,meat,fish,cheese and eggs you need these to help you feel full and build muscle,fruit is fine and necessary ,try a slice of good quality bread with your apple,the aim is to keep your blood sugar stable,you will feel better,hope all your meds are good,and the best of luck with your weightloss!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Could you have been eating as a way to squash down feelings of anger?

If so, now you aren't, you've got to find another way of dealing with your emotions, as they aren't being stifled by food.

ETA: some people, when they are stressed/angry breathe too shallowly and can actually hyperventilate without realising it.