Not eating enough!

Options
so I've never been a huge fan of eating a lot or too much, even when I was pregnant I couldn't eat a lot. So I'm eating around 800 - 900 calories a day! Any advice? I'm just never really hungry!

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale? If not, then you could be eating a little more than you think especially if you're eating things like nut butters, ice cream, cereal, or any other item that is harder to eyeball the calorie count of.

What do you usually eat? Are you trying to clean eat & feeling full from a lot of fruits & vegetables?

My ultimate suggestion is to eat your favorite foods in moderation & don't give up any food unless you can't moderate it or have a medical condition.

If you need extra calories you could eat nut butters (peanut butter, almond butter, cookie spread, hazelnut butter), nuts, ice cream, make a smoothie, etc.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Assuming that your logging is accurate and you aren't eating more than you think (it's pretty common to underestimate) adding more calorie dense foods is a quick way to increase the calories without adding a lot of extra food to your day.

This is a generic list and doesn't account for your personal definition of healthy, but anything here (and plenty of things not listed here) can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat diary
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses