Options
2»

Replies

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    dognurse32 wrote: »
    I am new to MyFitness Pal, but have been tracking, so opening my diary won't be of any help. I just found the forums and wanted to post here!

I am eating 1400 calories a day, and usually am right at it, or just under. I am not sure what you all mean by macros, but my weekly intake on fat/protein/carbs for the past week was 252 out of a goal of 338 for fat
    278 out of a goal of 510 for protein
    1309 out of a goal of 1264 for carbs.
    So looking at that.....Do I need more protein and less carbs?

What are these numbers? They can't be grammes

I think they are and for the week.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I am new to MyFitness Pal, but have been tracking, so opening my diary won't be of any help. I just found the forums and wanted to post here!

I am eating 1400 calories a day, and usually am right at it, or just under. I am not sure what you all mean by macros, but my weekly intake on fat/protein/carbs for the past week was 252 out of a goal of 338 for fat

At 140lbs, unless you are ridiculously sedentary, increasing by even a few hundred would not cause fat gain. You're either eating more than you realize or you are gaining water weight and freaking out.

And you are probably hungry because your fat and especially protein is really low compared to carbs.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

What are these numbers? They can't be grammes

I think they are and for the week.

yep. About 36g fat on average per day, 40g for protein, and 187g for carbs. On average.

OP will likely benefit from increasing calories a bit and then focusing on greater protein intake. Any weight gain will level out after a few weeks.
  • dognurse32
    dognurse32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok Thanks everyone! This is all been very helpful! I will increase my protein intake. I will lower my carb intake.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying you should increase your intake above 1400. I'm thinking you need to lower the carbs and increase the protein/fats because 1) you're lifting and 2) you're saying your hungry. At 5'2" and 140lbs, I'm not sure how much you should be eating. What does MFP say you should eat to lose 0 lbs a week? What is your goal set to?
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok Thanks everyone! This is all been very helpful! I will increase my protein intake. I will lower my carb intake.

Try the calculators on www.IIFYM.com to help you plan better. Then try to educate yourself on macros and why the balance is important. I'm with everyone else, more proteins and healthy fats keep you satiated much longer. Complex carbs are a better choice, since your diary is private and I can't see what your carb choices are.