Healthy side dish ideas anyone?

Options
Mhenderson5517
Mhenderson5517 Posts: 14 Member
I need some new and tasty side dish ideas that are healthy and vegetable rich. There are only so many sweet potatoes, salad, asparagus, and mixed veggies a girl can eat! Any ideas??? All are welcome!

Replies

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This is an Ina Garten recipe and transforms zuccinni to crazy goodness! Saute 1/2 a large onion in olive oil until onion is translucent, add 2 medium zuccinni sliced and cook in oil with onions until all are crisped and browned a bit. Take off of stove add a couple of tablespoons parmigana reggiono (the real deal, it only takes a small amount) Mix and wait for the amazingness when you place in your mouth. It is soo good, I served it to a friend, and now he tells everyone he LOVES zuccinni, what he does not realize, is all zuccinni does not have this majical taste...lol.
  • Mhenderson5517
    Mhenderson5517 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is an Ina Garten recipe and transforms zuccinni to crazy goodness! Saute 1/2 a large onion in olive oil until onion is translucent, add 2 medium zuccinni sliced and cook in oil with onions until all are crisped and browned a bit. Take off of stove add a couple of tablespoons parmigana reggiono (the real deal, it only takes a small amount) Mix and wait for the amazingness when you place in your mouth. It is soo good, I served it to a friend, and now he tells everyone he LOVES zuccinni, what he does not realize, is all zuccinni does not have this majical taste...lol.

Thank you so much! I generally don't like zucchini but I will definitely give it a try.!