Can’t stay motivated!

Options
HELP!!
I lost 10lbs before Thanksgiving and gained 5 lbs back after the holidays. I tried to do T25 but got lazy after week 2. I LOVE running but it’s too cold now… excuse after excuse. So… now I am trying to do it again but stick to it. The friends I have on MFP now are great buutttt I need some who can give me food ideas and workout ideas and keep me on track! I would love to lose 1.5 lbs a week but even 1 lb a week would be nice.

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    If seeing someone else's daily workout posts or open diary helps, feel free to add me. Having said that no one else can give you motivation, that can only come from you. Figure out why you want this and what your goals are (both short term and long term), write them down and put them where you can see them. If rewards work for you, figure out a reasonable reward for each goal you meet, then work for it. I caution against using food rewards, it may cause you to fall off the wagon.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you decide to do a set program (such as T25), I suggest looking for people who are starting around the same time as you are, or finding a group that's doing it on here. I love seeing my friends doing the same workouts as me, and I like the accountability that a group provides. I agree with the person above though, motivation ultimately has to come from within.
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I motivate myself with a fat picture of myself on the wall. A skinny top I wanna fit into and I look at my pinterest board full of motivation every morning
  • pattyjoshockley
    pattyjoshockley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Get into a solid routine of planning and tracking food and exercise. I have a list of all the reasons I want to accomplish this goal and I read it frequently. I look at my food log before I eat and see how many calories I get to eat and then I plan/log the meal before I eat it. i eat what I want to eat but adjust my portion size according to how many calories i have to eat. I find my Fitbit tracker very motivating. It helps me to see if I am being inactive and I know I move more often due to the feedback.

It's mostly the food. make your exercise fun and something you can stick with forever. You can't out exercise a bad diet. Good luck to you. Some days the motivation is there and some days not.

If you have a day when you overeat or are lazy just log it and move on. Start again every meal.