yoga and water question

Am got back on the wagon last Tuesday and doing well, my question am drinking loads of water and doing yoga 30-60mins each day will this effect my first weigh in (next wed)?

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Probably not. Yoga does not do much for fat loss. Neither drinking tons of water. If you haven't drunk that much before you might even be little more heavy cos of that new amount of water. That being said, if drinking tons of water makes you wanna ate less food then you might lose a pound or two of fat. Will that show on a scale? I don't know.

Normal person's weight can fluctuate even as much as 6 pounds every day, usually it's more around 1 to 3 tho, if you don't do anything crazy like pig out or suddenly drink two gallons when you drunk just two glasses. Daily weight-ins are pretty much useless doe to this. Weekly weight in's are not much better, you should look at them in context which is many combined over a course of couple months, then they will reflect real results.
  • CarissaLeeMoon
    CarissaLeeMoon Posts: 13 Member
    What type of yoga? If your doing Ashtanga/ hot or vinyasa you can work up a crazy sweat & build serious muscle too + you will need to drink more water to keep the body hydrated & flush out toxins released from your yoga workout. Aim for 60-90 mins, even if not all at once, to see results. As for the water, depends on past habits. I hear you need a gallon a day. You can add all sorts of things to add flavor help flush water weight: cucumber slices, lemon, chopped ginger, cinnamon sticks and apple slices, or apple cider vinegar and honey. The list is endless! Good luck to you on your journey!