Is it normal a 22 stone women to lose loads

Options
sandown12
sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
hi I know someone calorie counting in 12 days she's lost 16lbs is that safe ?

Replies

• BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    since she's 300+ pounds a lot of it could be water weight. big drops are common in the beginning for people with a lot to lose. how safe it is depends on what she's doing to lose the weight, which I'm guessing you don't know.
  • sandown12
    Options
    I was shocked as she's lost 6lns since Thursday so in 5 days
    I'm
    Not sure how much she weighs but I think it's about this just concerned plus posting it on Facebook
    She said she was real upset last week as she just lost 3lbs but it was 7lbs week before
    I did ask when you lose 1-2lbs a week will you find it hard ?
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Most people would lose bigger at the start, at 22 stone losing 16lb in 12 days does not sound dangerous to me. As you mentioned, the difficulty will be her maintaining motivation when it slows down. However that applies to us all, whether we have 150lb or 15lb to lose.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I weighed 290 pounds when I started. I don't remember how much I lost in 12 days, but do remember that I had lost 40 pounds in first 8 weeks. It has been almost 3 years since I began MFP and I have been maintaining for almost 15 months @ 130 pounds (give or take 5). I am (and have been since the beginning) doing this with a doctors help.
    Did your friend consult with a health care professional first? Your friend is pretty much the same weight as I was when I began. Luckily, I had no health issues other than morbidly obese when I began.
  • sandown12
    Options
    I don't know she does t say about health problems was more concerned at her being upset losing 3lbs in 1 week as you say motivation and having bad weeks but carrying in is the key to success
    Thanks