binger

Hey guys. My name is Kim. Anybody have a bing eating problem? I can do great during the day, but at night I can't control myself. I can sit and eat a whole box of Little Debbie snacks.

Replies

• cheerblondpita
    cheerblondpita Posts: 54 Member
    Depending on the day yes. With myself if I deny myself things (such as candy or ice cream) I will then go binge on it the first chance I get. So now I dont deny myself and I just put it into plan. This way I still get to enjoy some of my favorite things but now in moderation.
  • sixfootali
    sixfootali Posts: 2 Member
    Oh yes. I do.

Evenings are my bad time too. I cannot have snack foods in the house, or I will binge. Even if they are not in the house, I make an excuse to go get milk or something, and I come back with a bag full of rubbish food.

I am slowly finding ways to work around this though.

Firstly, I looked for my trigger emotion. For me it is being bored and lonely that gets me into trouble. So now when I get a some spare evening time and feel like eating, I take the dogs for a walk, or pick up some sewing to keep my fingers busy.

Secondly, I learned not to beat myself up about a binge. When you weaken, you feel guilty. That guilt can lead to more binges. I now learn from each one, and try to work out what I can do next time. Sometimes, if I have had a good day otherwise, I can go for a decent walk and 'earn' the extra calories anyway!
  • Thank you so much for the feed back! It's always nice to know I'm not alone! ☺