Body Beast - I have questions!

Options
So my wife has been reeled in by the Body Beast commercials.

We've been doing Spartacus the better part of a year & I love it - she thinks she needs to build a little more muscle (she doesn't need it IMO, but whatever makes her happy.)

I, on the other hand, love being lean & toned - I have no interest in getting yoked (or 'swoll', as the cool kids say nowadays)...I did enough of that in my 20s.

Anyway, question is, are 5 thru 25 lb dumbells & a stability ball enough equipment for Body Beast, or do we really need a curl bar / chin up bar / incline bench? Our little home gym is already kind of crowded & any more equipment will definitely turn it into a cluttered mess.

Thanks for any & all replies!

Replies

• Patnpeggy
    Patnpeggy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a female in my 4th week of Body Beast. I have all the equipment and I'm glad I do as it's much easier. Balancing on the stability ball with heavy dumbbells will require more core, so double workout! I like the bench as I can concentrate on just the muscle I'm working and not worrying about if I'm rolled back enough to get the right position on a ball. I had never used my EZ bar much in all the years I had it, but in the moves with Body Beast, I love it! It's a totally different feeling than holding two dumbbells. I have a set of dumbbells up to 30# and Select Tech weights that go up to 52.5 and already I'm using over 25#. It's definitely not NECESSARY to have the bench, EZ bar and pull-up bar. There will always be someone in the video showing how to do ALL the moves WITHOUT those items.
    Wishing your wife good luck! I LOVE this program! I would recommend that your wife start the program with what you currently have.
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am also a female in my 6th week of Body Beast. I have dumbbells from 5# thru 20# and a stability ball and resistance bands in place of the chin up bar. All this works great for me. I follow the "limited equipment guy" on the dvds.

Personally I love the program. Because we are female, we don't have to worry about getting bulky or swoll as you put it. We don't produce the necessary amounts of testosterone to achieve this. But the draw for me is knowing that muscle burns fat 24/7 merely by existing so it will turn my body into a fat burning furnace and I won't have to work nearly as hard to stay lean as I do now with a high percentage of body fat. Some women like the toned muscule look. I know I find the muscle definition to be very desireable. Not the big body builder, bulging vein, greased up look. Just the delicate curve here and there.

Awesome for you to support your wife in her endeavor. She's lucky to have you! :smile:
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am using Body Beast and would say a chin up bar would he nice. 5-25lbs dumbbells may be enough at first, but you can buy resistance bands to augment. I use BowFlex dial-up weights. You can use a stability ball instead of a bench.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think you could do it with the minimal equipment. There are modifiers for those with a stability ball and dumbells only, but I think to really progress in the program you would benefit from having the curl bar and a bench.