Ear buds for iPod recommendations?

Options
Hey! For Christmas I broke down and asked for an iPod. I'm not an i-fan, but I like the sleekness and light weight for work outs and stuff (and it's purple! my fave color). The only problem I'm having is the "stock" headphone/ear buds that came with it are horrible. They don't stay in!!

Does any one have any recommendations to replace them with? I'm looking for something under $20 if possible.

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    id too also like to know!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I would like to know. Everytime I run one will pop out....
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I heard the skull candy ones stay in pretty good, but I don't know how much they cost! I know Bose never fall out because they mold into the shape of your inner ear, but they're hundreds, lol. Totally not worth it in my opinion. Good luck finding some good ones!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Bose makes an awesome pair. They are a little pricey but worth every dime. If you spend a little more you can get the set with the mic and you can use them for a handsfree device on your cell phone. I bought a pair and I love them and the sound quality is awesome OH and they have different size covers for the buds so that they dont fall out of your ears.
  • Maijalii
    Maijalii Posts: 1
    Options
    Skull Candy....THEY ARE THE BEST! They are usually 20$, but every once in a while at fye they have them on sale for 9.95 For an inexpensive ear bud they are by far the best
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Absolutely go for something with a silicone bud that goes into your ear. My dad got me a pricey pair that has noise cancellation switch as well, and I love it, but I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it had been me spending the money. haha
    I bought my fiance a $20 pair of silicone-tipped ear buds from Best Buy and he likes them.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I like the JVC marshmallow ones. They are the only ones I have found that don't fall out of my ears when I run. And they are less than $20 at Walmart.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I like the JVC marshmallow ones. They are the only ones I have found that don't fall out of my ears when I run. And they are less than $20 at Walmart.

I just bought these too and have been very happy - I've had a number of different pair and really feel these stay in the best, the cushion really fits to your ear and the sound is great. I got mine at Best Buy, they were $18.00
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    My recommendation if you don't want to spend too much but want quality are to go for these:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-Earbuds-Black/dp/B000E6G9RI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=mp3&qid=1276006082&sr=1-3

$25, they have great sound, can fit most ears (they have changeable ear buds) are built well and they are by far the best in ear's I've ever used. And I've got through a fair load of them :)
  • KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    As much as I love the ibuds, they don't stay in my ears at all!

Look for the buds that have the silicone covers that insert into your ears, they still might come out on occassion but chalk it up to a little bit of sweat while your working out.

The ones I bought even came with three different sizes of inserts to fit into my ear and they work now! I didn't blow a lot of money on them maybe 12 or 14 bucks, but it's worth it when your working out.
  • LynM
    LynM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any kind of buds with rubber tips that fit inside the ears. I find them for $4 - $6 at Ross. I hate the giant metal satellite dishes that come with iPods.
  • corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options

I have these too. They are great. I have been doing a C25K program, and they never come out when I'm running....and they're PINK!!! Love them. I paid less then $20 at Walmart. Well worth the $.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you made this post! lol. Since I've been running alone I take my ipod, but it's a constant battle trying to keep the buds in my ear with sweat pouring down! I'm gonna look into some of these recommendations. :love:
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Glad to see it's not just me.The only thing small on my body is my ear canal's. lol All that money and they don't even give you a good pair..Thank's for posting the question... Now I will get a new pair.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I found the opposite any that are the memory foam type material fall out when I am sweaty.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Glad to see it's not just me.The only thing small on my body is my ear canal's. lol All that money and they don't even give you a good pair..Thank's for posting the question... Now I will get a new pair.

Exactly!! iPods - or anything iHome - is NOT cheap. The least they could do is have a good pair of earbuds. Sitting still, laying in the tanning bed, or on the treadmill, I get SO frustrated and end up just putting it a side and am bored out of mind when exercising. LOL!

I've seen the JVC ones!! I think I may run out and get those. I'll keep you all updated!

Thanks for the suggestions! :tongue:
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    i agree with you on the earphones they are hard in the ears and uncomfortable.

i have the JVC marshmallow pink earphones, they are really comfy in the ears, have had no problems with them. even use for running in and dont come out
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I found something online called Innovelis Bud Fits. They were about $10. It holds the standard issue buds into place with a piece of gel-like material that loops behind the ear. The wires for the earbuds thread into the loop. They are awesome. I haven't had any problems since getting them. I've run at the gym wearing them with no problems. No more earbuds falling out. I highly recommend them.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pairs of the Skullcandy ones... Target has them for less than $15 (looks like they're on sale now). They come with 3 sizes of silicone/rubber covers.

http://www.target.com/Skullcandy-Ink’d-Stereo-Earbuds-S2INBL/dp/B00252XY04/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&qid=1276010225&frombrowse=0&fromGsearch=true&node=1038576|1287991011&keywords=skullcandy&searchSize=30&id=Skullcandy%20Ink%E2%80%99d%20Stereo%20Earbuds%20S2INBL-&searchBinNameList=purchasing_channel%2Csubjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchRank=target104545&sr=1-25&searchPage=1&rh=
  • dgearhart
    dgearhart Posts: 1
    Options
    instead of ear buds....i bought a head set that your ipod plugs into...there are no cords...it is awesome...i bought them at best buy -the brand name is: dynex

if you really want ear buds...sony ear buds are the only ones that stay put better than the others