work out + babywearing

Options
Anyone combine Babywearing and exercise? I'm talking more than just a walk with baby on my back. What do you do?

Replies

• acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't engage in traditional exercise while wearing one of my children. I have run with my children in a jogging stroller and pushed them on walks. I've placed bouncers next to me on the floor while I've completed a separate workout, but I can't think of anything that would be safe to do while physically wearing them. Do we goof off and have various push up or plank challenges with them as weights? Yes, but not for my main exercise.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I have done while babywearing is Leslie Sansane Walk at Home videos, but , but still couldn't do all the walk boosters for fear of jostling his head too much. He only let me do that for a few weeks before he stopped cooperating. Now my exercise time, is his TV time
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I hold my baby and my 4 yr old while doing things like twists and sit ups, while on my recumbent bike and that kind of thing. The only time I wear my baby is when we are walking. I don't feel like my baby is safe enough if I were to do anything else. (Like elliptical)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I've thought about this in the past but decided it wasn't safe. It would be fine for walking but carriers just don't have enough support to keep baby safe while doing anything more strenuous. Jarring motions can be very harmful especially for very young babies. I suggest investing in a good jogging stroller instead.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I've thought about this in the past but decided it wasn't safe. It would be fine for walking but carriers just don't have enough support to keep baby safe while doing anything more strenuous. Jarring motions can be very harmful especially for very young babies. I suggest investing in a good jogging stroller instead.

I agree but even with jogging strollers the recommendation is anywhere from 6-8 months old before you run with them.