can you really eat anything and remain fit?

Options

Replies

• 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    No response from OP in 1-1/2 hours. I call "troll".
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    sorry, i meant fit like flat belly, nice toned legs etc
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    jardimgirl wrote: »

You can lose weight eating whatever you want. You are unlikely to stick to your calorie and macro goals eating just pizza and cake. You probably won't hit your micronutrient needs without fruits and vegetables. If you are hitting your macros, staying within your calorie goal, getting appropriate nutrients then there is no reason you have to miss out on cake or pizza or ice cream.

myfitnesspal.com/blog/usmcmp/view/good-vs-bad-foods-610144
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    thanks usmcmp! ill look into that link!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

You can lose weight eating whatever you want. You are unlikely to stick to your calorie and macro goals eating just pizza and cake. You probably won't hit your micronutrient needs without fruits and vegetables. If you are hitting your macros, staying within your calorie goal, getting appropriate nutrients then there is no reason you have to miss out on cake or pizza or ice cream.

this.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Like others have said, depends on what you mean by "fit" and depends on what you mean by "anything you want."

I am assuming by "fit" you mean both in shape and healthy, and there for the best bet you want to eat a healthy diet with reasonable micros and macros. (If you just mean "not gain weight," then the answer is yes, no matter what you otherwise mean, assuming you can feel satisfied on what you are eating, which -- like others have said -- varies from person to person. It's a lot easier for me to stay in shape if I eat in a way I consider more healthy, in part because it helps me exercise and vice versa and because I feel better, but also because I am someone who can easily overconsume calories when I'm not careful.)

I am also assuming by "anything you want" you mean "in the context of my overall reasonable diet." If so, the answer is, again, yes. There is no food that is inconsistent with remaining fit; you don't have to cut out anything. If you mean something weirder like "can I eat candy and French fries all day as my only food" (which I guess I idealistically don't think anyone in reality aspires to), then no, that's not a good diet to promote health or an ideal body composition or energy, although some people get away with it just like some drink to excess and smoke and live to 100.

This.

I assume the OP is referring to a flexible dieting approach to weight loss and fitness. Flexible dieting is not about this odd extreme that some people believe of eating nothing but pizza, donuts and ice cream all day.

User sensibility has to be employed and maybe an intellect verging on average but nothing has to be removed from a dietary intake to achieve happy healthy stable weight loss and fitness.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

this.

Who is the mad flagger for this thread?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

this.

wow- how do you get flagged for quoting and saying "this"

that's an all new low.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    pfffttt. Now I have another flag. Genius.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    wtf people- seriously- wtf.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Dear person who is flagging people's post - MFP can see your userid and how frequently you are flagging valid post..
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    For the person who is flagging everything in this thread. I highly encourage you to read the intentions for the flags. If you feel that someone is violating a guideline you can still report them by clicking the flag and clicking report.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

this.

that's an all new low.

well I believe people have gotten warnings if not strikes for this in the past. certainly for "no"s. *shrugs*
  • JoRocka
    Options
    For the person who is flagging everything in this thread. I highly encourage you to read the intentions for the flags. If you feel that someone is violating a guideline you can still report them by clicking the flag and clicking report.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

this.

again.

<waist anxiously for flag>
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Burt_Huttz wrote: »

this.

that's an all new low.

well I believe people have gotten warnings if not strikes for this in the past. certainly for "no"s. *shrugs*

^this
  • JoRocka
    Options

this.

that's an all new low.

how do you get a strike for that- what's the logic behind it?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

this.

that's an all new low.

Strikes or flags? I've certainly gotten flagged for typing "hahaha". :huh:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I want to sarcastically flag that- but sarcasm doesn't translate well through that LOL
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

this.

that's an all new low.

Welcome to MFP. I got a strike for posting a picture of a side-by-side shotgun once. Not a warning, a strike. And I even appealed it and it was upheld. Apparently not an appropriate "side by side" picture, as was the theme of the thread in question.