side dish

Options
Any ideas for sides to go with boiled chicken breast. Trying to eat healthy. I always ate it with white rice but its to dry.

Replies

• mrslrichardson
    mrslrichardson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well you have your protein now find a veggie, carb, and a fat and you will be complete! I would say green beans (or something green you like), half potato with a bit of real butter and bam! An awesome meal!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love just baking some fresh squash both green and yellow. Just cut them 3/4 of an inch thick slices and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning and bake. I cook them in a cast iron skillet on the stove top for just a few minutes on each side then bake until they are nice an golden.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for sides to go with boiled chicken breast. Trying to eat healthy. I always ate it with white rice but its to dry.

Why are you boiling chicken breast? And white rice is perfectly healthy, one could argue more healthy than brown rice.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

put a sauce on your chicken?
  • susanpagegetsfit
    susanpagegetsfit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One of our favourites has become Gwyneth Paltrow's Cauliflower, Chick Pea, Mustard and Parsley. I don't have the link with me, but you should easily be able to find the recipe on a search. Another favourite is baked brocolli with lemon and parmesan http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-roasted-broccoli-with-parmesan-cheese/
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Rice pilaf
    Jasmine rice
    Quinoa
    Baked potato
    Roasted sweet potatoes
    Roasted lemon broccoli
    Asparagus with EVOO and garlic
    Green beans with EVOO and garlic
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bake your chicken breast with spices. 35 minutes at 400 F should get you a pretty juicy piece of meat. Have some avocado topped with spices on the side.