Joining in

Options
SherrieBee71
SherrieBee71 Posts: 21 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey y'all. I am Sherrie. I will be 44 next month. I have a very active 7 yr old, that I was blessed to have after battling weight issues and PCOS for years. After I had him, I still weighed almost 300lbs and was unable to physically care for him as I would have liked. In 2009 I opted for gastric bypass and after weight loss my lowest was 126lbs. I remember the day I had orientation and hearing how the surgery was not a cure all but a tool. I did not listen and as a BIG emotional eater, after my divorce in 2010, I reverted to old habits and stress ate. As with my original eating, I did not see the weight coming on. Until my son told me I was jiggly (as he grabbed my belly and did in fact jiggle it). I want to be a great role model for him and in fact AM. He is active and eats healthy... It's when I am not with him that I screw myself. I got engaged in August and have a May wedding I am planning. I do not want to be a fat bride..again. I am recovering from a major foot surgery last November. So I am focusing on eating right now but also beginning to do things that do not involve my foot. I am hoping the motivation and support in here will help me reach my goals. I am currently 171lbs.

Replies

• dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I believe in you!
  • twhow
    twhow Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't get caught in the mind set it can't be done or it's taking to long. ....keep the attitude of no matter what it takes...... I CAN DO IT. .....
  • SherrieBee71
    Options
    Thanks y'all!! :D
  • MajinMannix13
    MajinMannix13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all, congratulations on your wedding. And secondly, take it one day at a time and remember to learn to identify your triggers for binge and stress eating. Once you see them coming, you can avoid or defend against them.
  • SherrieBee71
    Options
    Thank you!
  • stayfit_ria
    stayfit_ria Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You seem to possess all the motivation you need to be make the transition to a healthy lifestyle. Congrats and enjoy the journey.
  • SherrieBee71
    Options
    Thank you!!!