Calling all mommys

Options
im looking for other mommys looking to get their bodies back, it's been 3 years and I feel like it'll never happen!!

Replies

• adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am working off my baby weight now. My sweetie is 18 months old and after a c-section and breaking my wrist in the same year I didnt get back really started till July of last year. So here we go. Baby Fat Be Gone!!!!!
  • redlemon01
    redlemon01 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Friend me. I'll help keep you motivated and offer support. I have two girls 5 and 3. And although I started gaining weight before I got pregnant my goal is ultimately just be a healthier me.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm working off baby weight too! My kids are 3 & 5 LOL.
  • SJunczyk
    SJunczyk Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't know if i have 7 yrs of baby weight or 4...either way my plan is to just be better, fitter, healthier to basically be Happy.
    I started running (usng an app because i am a beginner) as it is something I am able to do along the sea front.
    Alongside a 7 minute workout that my kids occassionally join in with - planking has a whole new level with them!

Deeta :)
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Can I still call it baby weight when my youngest is 4?! Lol. But really my plan is to be more active and healthy for both me and the family. Let the kids be my motivation rather than my excuse
  • jahalme
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a 27 yr old mother of four need to lose 15 pounds. Happy to add friends for accountability :)
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have seven years (and four kids) worth of baby weight. Always happy to have fellow mama friends in this weight loss journey!
  • jcortez0912
    Options
    same here ive gained so much weight after having my girls. goal is yo lose 30 pounds or more if possible. ladies feel free to add me i have no clue how to do it. we can all do thia together and seeing all of ur progress will motivate me to keep going
  • tcscholz554
    tcscholz554 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mama of 2 and hoping to lose at least 40 lbs :) feel free to add me.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, 9yo boy, 6yo girl and 3yo boy. Im down 80 pounds so far from the last, Lets DO this!
  • laffek
    laffek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, 7 and 3....can you still call it baby weight? LOL. My goal is to be healthy and comfortable in my own body! Oh, and I'll be the big 4-0 in April, so my daily mantra is "Fab by 40"!
  • infinitysmuse
    infinitysmuse Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, ones 4 years and ones 4 months, need to lose extra 30 from the first one! Feel free to add me, i log on every day and would love motivational buddies (been here 2 weeks and lost 4.5 lbs so far)
  • AlexisW2010
    Options
    Looking for motivational buddies. Feel free to add. Just restarted my fitness pal.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    laffek wrote: »
    I have 2 kids, 7 and 3....can you still call it baby weight? LOL. My goal is to be healthy and comfortable in my own body! Oh, and I'll be the big 4-0 in April, so my daily mantra is "Fab by 40"!

If you're still claiming baby weight with a 7 year old, does that mean I can do the same with an 11 year old? LOL!

52347977.png
  • nik4ever
    nik4ever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me =)
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Would love to know how you mummy's find time to exercise whilst looking after your little ones. Mines 4 in march and I still look pregnant :/
  • SJunczyk
    SJunczyk Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Would love to know how you mummy's find time to exercise whilst looking after your little ones. Mines 4 in march and I still look pregnant :/

I would normally say"I can't do anything with the kids". But I have actually broke down that wall and told myself that if I really want it then I have no excuse.

PS. I have absolutely no idea how to add people?!?!?
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Add me with a note but only if you're serious and will be active and supportive. And, I do not mean just lurking and/or liking comments. I'm a HUGE cheerleader w/ my MFP buddies and I intentionally keep my FR (friend's list) under 50. I've been on here almost 2 years and have lost 39 lbs on here and overall over 60+ all together with about 30-20 more to lose. I am a mom to two, 7 and 5 year old.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    SJunczyk wrote: »

I would normally say"I can't do anything with the kids". But I have actually broke down that wall and told myself that if I really want it then I have no excuse.

PS. I have absolutely no idea how to add people?!?!?

I always used to say "I can't exercise with kids, I don't have the time!" Maybe it just does take time because I now have two in school (one in first grade, one in preschool), so once they've gone for the day I've got my three year old and almost one year old at home. So when the one year old goes down for her morning nap, my three year old gets a tv show, and I get to exercising! It CAN be done, you just have to make the time for it somehow. You have to want to do it. I could make every excuse not to (there are other things that always need doing), but for once I am being selfish and taking care of Me. Other mama's should too :)

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    It CAN be done, you just have to make the time for it somehow. You have to want to do it. I could make every excuse not to (there are other things that always need doing), but for once I am being selfish and taking care of Me. Other mama's should too :)

This is SO true! We get so wrapped up in taking care of everyone and everything else, that we put ourselves on the back burner. Truth be told though, making time for ourselves is the best investment in our families we could ever make! It isn't easy to do in the beginning - I know at least for me it wasn't. I would feel so guilty for blocking everything short of an emergency out and doing what I wanted to do for that 30 minutes-1 hour, but it does get easier.

Yes, I only have one kid, and he is older than the ones most of you have posted ages for, so maybe that helps me be able to find the time. The thing is though, ever since he was a toddler I have always had some sort of "me time" even if it wasn't spent working out. It really does help you to recharge and feel as if you can conquer the rest of your life.

Moms of school aged kids, depending upon work schedules may have a little bit easier time figuring out how to fit in the time to do something for themselves, but even with littler ones you can do it. Let the lunch dishes sit and just do them after dinner so you can do something for you while the kids take their afternoon nap. Maybe it means you have to get up a little bit earlier in the morning, or go to bed a little bit later at night. Tell the husband he has dinner duty one or two nights a week, and take the time you would spend cooking to workout, take a bubble bath, whatever.

You can find the time, even if it seems impossible at the moment. However, you won't find it until you truly decide it is a priority and you deserve it. Lose the guilt. You really do deserve it!