No will power

Options
Ever since getting older and popping out 2 kids, I feel like I've lost sight of myself. I'm 5'3 165lbs. I've always wondered how people could just "let themselves go" and now I've become one of them. I feel like there is not enough time in the day. I work 40hrs a week, have to small kids in school. Most nights my mom makes them dinner so me and the hubby just pick. I want to cook healthy but on a budget and what's somewhat quick. Overall I just need a buddy to help keep me going.

Replies

• GlamMomWG
    GlamMomWG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Women worlds magazines hve great...healthy meals every week...
  • 19Nicole_C76
    19Nicole_C76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can do it you just have to change your way of thinking and put yourself first. It's hard I know as I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I'm a mom of 2 (adults now) and raising g my grandbaby(5). I used to be 120 lbs...I'm 5'1" and current at 246 I have a long way to go but In making the steps to get there. You can do it!!!!
  • neens666
    neens666 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    lol you sound like a younger version of me! feel free to add me :-)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    First of all, you haven't let yourself go! With two children, that's the last thing you've done. You've bought children into the world - that's the most incredible thing a woman can do - forget weight loss!

Saying that, it's fantastic to see you want to make changes but you just seem stuck as to how. Don't worry about the 'type' of food you eat, just concentrate on eating at that deficit first of all. Moderation is key. Have a bit of what you like in smaller quantities. It doesn't have to be expensive.

Speak to your husband about having proper fulfilling evening meals - even if it's just a couple of times a week to start with. 'Picking' won't fill you up so you probably find you're eating more than you 'should' be to compensate. You can do this, you'll just have to make some small changes to start with and the rest will follow. Best of luck here :]
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    First of all, you haven't let yourself go! With two children, that's the last thing you've done. You've bought children into the world - that's the most incredible thing a woman can do - forget weight loss!

Saying that, it's fantastic to see you want to make changes but you just seem stuck as to how. Don't worry about the 'type' of food you eat, just concentrate on eating at that deficit first of all. Moderation is key. Have a bit of what you like in smaller quantities. It doesn't have to be expensive.

Speak to your husband about having proper fulfilling evening meals - even if it's just a couple of times a week to start with. 'Picking' won't fill you up so you probably find you're eating more than you 'should' be to compensate. You can do this, you'll just have to make some small changes to start with and the rest will follow. Best of luck here :]

I second the starting with eating at a deficit. My wife tried many different things after the kids. She works out a lot but still wasn't seeing the weight loss she wanted. Paleo seems to have been the magic ticket for her. She lost the stubborn pounds plus she know longer gets migraines either.

• Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I first want to say, if you think you can't then you won't. Its true! You have to re evaluate where you can gain a few minutes here and there everyday and stay committed to your health. Almost everyone here has a family and a job so YOU are the key to your own happiness and success. Take it from someone who waited too long for the perfect conditions. 5# turns into 10# and then 20#. Make it happen sister! If you need someone to motivate you, feel free to add me.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Tami_H wrote: »
    I first want to say, if you think you can't then you won't. Its true! You have to re evaluate where you can gain a few minutes here and there everyday and stay committed to your health. Almost everyone here has a family and a job so YOU are the key to your own happiness and success. Take it from someone who waited too long for the perfect conditions. 5# turns into 10# and then 20#. Make it happen sister! If you need someone to motivate you, feel free to add me.

Just felt the need to highlight the YOU part...^^^