6 month Post Partum and still not losing!

Options
2»

Replies

• CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    I didn't lose weight breastfeeding. It was like my body decided I needed to keep the fat stores in order to get enough nutrition for myself while breastfeeding. And sleep deprivation does weird things to your body. It's like it gets mixed messages on what to do, and sometimes, again, decides to keep your fat stores. My first 2 are 20 and 16 now, and my third is about to turn 5 (yes... big age difference!). It was SO much easier to lose weight when I was 20-25 and stopped breastfeeding (I could solely think about MY body needs) than at the age of 36 AND breastfeeding...... for sure!
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Have you all been "eating back" the approx. 350-500 calories we burn breastfeeding?

I don't calculate them into my daily goals but I feel like it gives me a little wiggle room if I go over by a snack...or two.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with breastfeeding, but it means you're just eating too much... Try to focus on protein, fat, and veggies to feel fuller.
  • perpetualjuly
    perpetualjuly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree on the sleep deprivation! I just started the 6-month long "Transformer" DietBet to help incentive me. Anyone else signed up for that?