So I was wondering

What's the best excercise to get rid of belly fat. I want to tighten up my lower abdomen, whole midsection. What exercises will give me the best results ?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Fork putdowns.

Nothing will get rid of belly fat other than a calorie deficit. You can strengthen your abdominal muscles too though. Deadlifts, squats, good mornings, planks. Anything that engages your core is great for strengthening your abdominal muscles. Of course you won't see them without fat reduction.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Fork-downs.
  • SWWIS
    SWWIS Posts: 94 Member
    I echo everyone else. Abs are made primarily in the kitchen. Not that you're necessarily looking for abs.. but a flat stomach nonetheless is still achieved primarily from a caloric deficit.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    You can't lose fat from a specific area. Your genetics determine which areas your body uses as its fat storage area. Concentrate on just losing fat and your stomach muscles will show through when your body fat percentage is low enough.
  • MrsK912
    MrsK912 Posts: 9 Member
    You can do as many exercises as you want to strengthen your abs underneath, but to echo what everyone else has said, you really cannot get a flat stomach/get rid of tummy fat without a clean diet.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Op you posted this same question yesterday. The answers are going to be the same. Eat less and exercise more.
  • giannamariex333
    giannamariex333 Posts: 10 Member
    I asked what excercises I could do !
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited January 2015

The answer is: There are no exercises you can do that will shrink belly fat. None.

You have to lose the fat there with a calorie deficit and fat loss happens where your genetics determine it will happen and in the order it wants. There is nothing you, or the diet industry, can do to change that.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    I gave you some great exercise ideas too.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    butterfly in the pool. Great ab workout.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

The link you were given in the first reply will give you some great exercises to do. Have you had a chance to read it yet?