Fitbit Activity Wristbands

Options
Hi! I am a newbie to the world of activity wristbands and am considering getting one. If you have had a Fitbit Flex and upgraded to Charge, do you like it better? Also if I am understanding my research on activity wristbands, all Fitbit users (no matter what model they have) can challenge each other, right? So for example if I have a Charge and someone else has a Flex, we can still challenge each other? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I had the Flex for about a year before I upgraded to the Charge. The Flex was good but I like the charge more. The battery life on the charge appears to be much better. I like the display also. You can still challenge your friends- my friend has the flex and we challenge each other all the time :)
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and love it. Very accurate too.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting OP. I was wondering how people were liking (or not) the Charge and Charge HR. I have the Fitbit Ultra and it is 4+ years old and I will be needing to replace it soon. Thanks for the replies Troutsy and CharleneMarie723.
    +
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am currently using the Flex, but my Charge HR shipped today :) Hopefully I have it by the end of the week and can compare!

But yes, any fitbit user can be added to your friends list and challenges, no matter which device they use.
  • sandee07
    sandee07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had the flex for a few years and just got the charge this year and love it a lot more, the main reason is it shows so much, like the time! considering I don't wear a watch and band together, this does it. I like that it shows me info without having to sync to my phone all the time, like steps taken, calories burned, ect. I also like that the sleep mode is automatic and very accuarte and I like the battery life on this better, the way it is charged is easier and this feels a lot more secure then my flex which I lost numerous times because it would come off so easily. The only thing i dont like or agree with is calories burnt, so I worked out for 45 min today and besides to been at work (sit down job), its says I have burned over 1300 calories and on myfitnesspal given me back 333 calories to eat, which I try not to but I wonder if I did eat them back like fitnesspal says I should because otherwise it says I eat to less, if I would start seeing a weight gain verses weight loss?
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One which I've had for 2 years ... love it. I would be lost without it. I like watching my friends to see where I'm ranked each day ... very motivating!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex now...I actually downgraded from the recalled Force. I love love loved the Force, till it gave me a rash which is why they recalled it. The Charge looks to be almost exactly the same as the Force was, minus rash issues as far as I know. Comparing the two, I still like my flex but I found the added benefits of the model up to be well worth it. The flex does not really display anything to me, so if I'm not syncing to my phone or my computer I don't have much idea of what I've done for the day. It also doesn't log stairs. The sleep mode turns on all the time on and off anytime I do something like chop nuts or use a hammer. Ulitmately I was more motivated by my Force than I have been by the Flex. The only real advantage I've found to the Flex (besides the cost I suppose) is that my battery lasts longer...the reason for that is I'm not pushing a button to see all my stats all the time throughout the day like I did with the Force...but, as I've said...I really liked all that info at the touch of a literal button. Hoping for a Charge for my birthday.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can challenge other Fitbit users regardless of style.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    sandee07 wrote: »
    I had the flex for a few years and just got the charge this year and love it a lot more, the main reason is it shows so much, like the time! considering I don't wear a watch and band together, this does it. I like that it shows me info without having to sync to my phone all the time, like steps taken, calories burned, ect. I also like that the sleep mode is automatic and very accuarte and I like the battery life on this better, the way it is charged is easier and this feels a lot more secure then my flex which I lost numerous times because it would come off so easily. The only thing i dont like or agree with is calories burnt, so I worked out for 45 min today and besides to been at work (sit down job), its says I have burned over 1300 calories and on myfitnesspal given me back 333 calories to eat, which I try not to but I wonder if I did eat them back like fitnesspal says I should because otherwise it says I eat to less, if I would start seeing a weight gain verses weight loss?

I would actually like to help you but am having trouble with your question. Maybe you could be a little more specific and hopefully you will get some responses :)
  • ademott2015
    ademott2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your input! I am hoping to decide and get one in a couple of weeks! :) I am hoping it will motivate me even more!!!
  • hfrizzell75
    hfrizzell75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I love it
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr and love it. I have found it to be reasonably (not perfectly!) accurate.

The main flaw... Why the hell would you design a fitness band that isn't waterproof? My 1989 timex Iron man was waterproof!