Help! I want to eat EVERYTHING!

Options
marialou891
marialou891 Posts: 20 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Alright. So I've done REALLY good for 12 days. Then yesterday... I slipped. I ate an entire large size of a chocolate bar. I ended up being 268 cals over for the day. Now I felt bad right away, but this morning was rough. I didn't fall asleep till about 3:30am. I woke up around 11:30. I had a huge breakfast and just had some chips (I didn't realize I had any). Now I just feel like a failure. I weigh more than I did yesterday and now I just want to give up. But I don't. Yesterday morning I had such a huge NSV (fit into some jeans I hadn't fit in in forever). I want that good feeling back!

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Get over it and move on the next day, Each day is a new fight.

Don't dwell on yesterday, Seriously 268 cal over is nothing. that wont make you fat, Do it over and over and over and yes you will gain

Go do some training and forget about it.
  • lotteyneedstoloseweight
    Options
    climb back on the wagon...... start again tomorrow. ( which is exactly what I have to do)

its not what you do wrong that's important, its how you recover that matters
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Yay to 12 days!!
    Unless you eat over every day, one day is not an issue.
    My guess is You're heavier today because of the extra sodium intake you shared with us.
    Drink plenty of water and get back on track.
    Stay away from the scale more than once a week.
    Good Luck!!
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's the cumulative effect of a ton of small good decisions. Do the AA route, one day at a time. Say the rest of today I am going to eat well and stick to the goals I've set for myself. I find it easier than looking down the barrel of a whole week. And one more point, while you do it one day at a time, it can be helpful to plan/log a week so you know exactly what you are eating. That makes it at least a little harder to stray from the plan. Good luck!
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am not a psychic, but I can tell you your future:

You will have more days just like this one as you try to lose weight. Expect it. Plan on it. Recover from it. (Oh...and NEVER, EVER stress this bad over 268 calories again!!! You could make that up by being under your goal by 44 calories each day the rest of the week.)

You will not be perfect everyday. Stop expecting to be and instead celebrate the success you have already achieved. Use that to motivate you tomorrow.

Also, are you depriving yourself of foods you love (aka being "REALLY good")? If so, you will probably slip more often. I would recommend instead that you find a way to have a little chocolate, or other "bad food", within your calorie goals. That way you get to cheat every single day!!!

• txkimmers
    txkimmers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't pay attention to each day's total--create a spreadsheet that gives you your daily average. You will have some bad days, some good, some great! But the average will give you a better long term perspective. You can go over one day but when you see it doesn't trash your average, it's not devastating. Conversely, if you see your average creeping up, it feels great to log a good day or two and see it go down, keeps the fight in ya!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    How about adding a little bit of chocolate a few days a week so you don't end up having a huge craving for it on one day?
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat a Lindt teddy for 55 calories a day with tea for my sweet tooth after dinner lol stops me from grabbing a twix bar PLUS some other chocolate every week when i go shopping..and gosh only going over that much is nothing, you'd probably be eating maintenance.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    How restrictive are you making your diet? Are you allowing yourself a treat now and again?As far as yesterday, log it and move on.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Beating yourself up when you probably were still in a deficit is not very constructive, regardless of your outerwear.
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling...got upset over some donuts yesterday. I did exercise and came in under, but now I realize don't get so upset over one day. Do you weigh every day? I would think your weight will change up and down (like one post said sodium and water weight) if you weigh every day and you may feel like you aren't getting anywhere when really you are. I don't have a scale at home, so I only weigh once a week at work. You can get back to it and it isn't over because of one day!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yes, time to move on!

You were likely still in a deficit for the day, just a smaller one. Your higher weight in the scale was a flictuation so just ignore it. I personally never weigh myself after a day like that, because I would immediately blame it on the chocolate (or whatever it was) from the day before.

We get a new chance not only every day, but every meal and every snack. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. If you "mess up" at breakfast, try again at lunch.

You can totally do it. One step at a time!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I don't remember who posted this, but it was enormously helpful to me:

If you are currently tracking calories to lose weight, your target # is already a deficit--that is, it is below what you need to STAY THE SAME weight. So you went a little over? You're still eating at or below maintenance, just not by quite as much. Or you went a lot over, which is also fine, because the numbers don't "reset" after 24 hours. Eat a little less some other day. Or eat to your target, and let the fact that your target is a decent amount below maintenance gradually make up for the bad days.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, got back on the horse, 22 lbs. down so far. :)