Looking for different suggestions

Options
baldheadgirlsrock
baldheadgirlsrock Posts: 27 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
Do I eat before I work out or after I've been doing it before ??? :)

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    As far as body composition and weight loss, it makes absolutely no difference when you eat. As far as how you feel when you work out, that's up to you. Some people can't workout unless they eat before hand because they feel weak otherwise. Some people can't eat before they workout because it makes them bloated and sluggish, so they eat after. It's up to you to figure that part out.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat more calories when you're trying to burn them? That's just wasting your workout.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Which ever you'd like.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat more calories when you're trying to burn them? That's just wasting your workout.

What??
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Huh?

Anyway, I agree with the first poster. In terms of weight loss, it makes no significant difference. Just depends on what makes you feel best and gives you the best workout. Personally, I can't eat before, because I just feel blah. But, that's just me. Whatever is going to produce the best workout for you is the right thing to do.
  • baldheadgirlsrock
    baldheadgirlsrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOLKS YOURE AWESOME!!!!!! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

What???
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

mmdowhatnow?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

sayyyyyyy whhhhaaaattttt????????

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP: it doesn't matter from a weight loss perspective. I tend to eat a bit before and more after. If I'm having a smoothie, I have some, do my workout, have more. If I'm having something like oatmeal, I'll eat some nuts and raisins, go work out, come back and have my oatmeal.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The only time I had a big jump on my weight loss was when I worked out on an empty stomach and try to burn my stored fat :D (ok! folks don't burn this reply! this is just how it worked for me and continue to work so...just saying...) Nevertheless, I work out in the morning after I take my green tea and then at night 2 hours after we had dinner, take a shower and go to bed... :)