Beginners Challenge... 50 miles in June

Options
The June Challenge.....

Walk, Jog, and/ or Run 50 miles. (or maybe do 60 miles if you are up for it )

Ready, set, go!

( return to this thread and update you mileage daily or weekly, whatever works for you)

Make your personalized ticker from tickerfactory.com

****** this thread will get locked at 20 pages of comments.... The link for the continuation into a new thread will be on the last comment on page 20****

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Its a beautiful day in the central coast of California!

Perfect for a long walk with my pup!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I joined for the first time in May. It was going to be a one time thing for me but since I feel the challenge helped me increase my miles as I had a goal and I had to post if I achieved my goal or not the challenge helped me walk more and push myself.

In May, I did 48.11 miles so I was short 1.89 miles and 3 times I added in a few miles from biking so those didn't really count as this challenge is for walking/jogging/running but for my first time attempting this challenge I am very proud of myself as I feel I accomplished a lot of miles based on what I was doing before the challenge.
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this Soniabogonia! - It has really helped me walk/run/elliptical more - great motivation.

I am going for 120 miles this time!

exercise.png
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I saw these threads floating around the last couple of months, think it's time I up my hand up and join in rather than just sit and watch...
  • aecarmichael
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll start at 50 miles for June!
  • johnnylufc
    johnnylufc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    am in
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Definitely think I could use the extra accountability! Since I just got my fitbit and have realized how sedentary I am, I'm going to aim for 50 miles in June for now. :bigsmile:
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes I think I'll go for it this month.
  • Nana145
    Nana145 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just kicked off my commitment to fitness this week and have been trying to get 2 miles in a day. It will be harder as the days warm up and this will be a great incentive since I'm so goal oriented. Thanks for putting this forum together.:happy:

exercise.png
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    In.
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Let's do it again!

June 1 - 4.37 miles
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 60 this month:

6/1: 3.2 miles

exercise.png
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it this month! I'm aiming 120 run bike swim for the month, will post ticker and update for the night when I'm on a computer!
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    I want to add a ticker to track my miles underneath my weight loss ticker but I don't know how.
    What steps do I follow?
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    oFF too a good start ...

exercise.png
  • EmerLiverpool
    Options
    I'm in :) sounds like a great idea!
  • inshapeCK
    Options

exercise.png
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    teeeeee heeeee heeeeeeeeeeeee you made it inshapeck. Know what your ticker reminds me of? San Francisco...Their houses are close together like that and all different colors..... Glad you got your ticker worked out...It took me several tries before I ever figured it out....
  • MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have seen these around the boards for a while, and I'm ready for the challenge!

exercise.png
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Im in. june 1st: 2.85 miles:bigsmile: