Anyone got any advice how to lose weight :)

Options
Hey everyone :)
Just looking for advice and tips how to lose weight and help to not feeling Hungary ?? Thanks for reading.

Replies

• mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    In short....work hard and kill it every time you train...don't give up, stay consistent, weigh and measure your food, calculate your TDEE and subtract 500 calories daily to lose weight...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Try eating more
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you do now (create a deficit) and move more.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You just have to eat a little less than would be required to maintain your weight...you don't have to starve to lose weight. Eat a little less and move a little more.

When it comes to food choices, eat things that will satiate you...you can eat a handful of potato chips at the cost of about 150 calories...or you can have an entire potato or sweet potato that is going to actually fill you up. Eat plenty of protein as well and rich sources of fat like nuts...a little goes a long way.
  • beccalazenby5
    Options
    Drink more water to stop feeling hungry ☺️
  • wetwatson
    wetwatson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the app myfitness pal which is a food diary u put in what ur eating & it will show u how much Kj's/Cal's u can eat. I started the 5:2 diet back in Oct 14 & have lost nearly 10kg's, if u do the 5:2 diet i find the fasting days easier on the days I don't do much though I have to add that some fasting days are harder than others. Now I have reached my goal weight i am just going to maintain it. All the best
  • M1SS703
    M1SS703 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eating a balanced diet with veggies (try for 3 colours on your plate), fruit, protein (lean meats such as fish and chicken, lentils, soybeans, chickpeas), and healthy fats (nuts, beans, flax) will help keep you full and give your body all of the right nutrients to assist with weight loss. Try to keep processed foods, such as dairy and wheat products to a minimum (1-2 servings/day) and limit heavily processed foods (food in a box, fast food) to twice/week max! Drink 8 glasses of water/day, and make sure you do some cardio and strength training as well.
    I know it's a lot to do all at once, but the key is to make BETTER choices more often!
    Start with a simple goal: "I will drink 8 glasses of water per day" or "I will eat 3-6 servings of veggies/day" and then each week add a new goal! Good luck!! :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Do you find you generally maintain your weight? If so, eat a little less than you usually do. Try tracking your calorie intake on here if you don't already. You might feel a little hungry, but that's normal. You're giving your body less than it needs to maintain your current mass.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Try feeling Turkey instead :D

OK - eat at a reasonable deficit; eat the foods you like; eat when you're hungry but eat meals, stop snacking; get enough protein and fat and fiber (my simple solution is to include some fatty protein and vegetables in every meal); don't mistake cravings for real hunger; get enough sleep and rest.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    M1SS703 wrote: »
    Try to keep processed foods, such as dairy and wheat products to a minimum

What?
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Try feeling Turkey instead :D

Nice!

Well, there's tons of info here... Probably more than you could ever sift through. Good luck!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    1. Calculate your TDEE
    2. Consume less that your TDEE
    3. Lose weight
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    In order to not feel hungry, I eat more lower-calorie foods in bulk. :) Not JUST those foods, obviously, but they really help "fill me up" and round out a meal.

Generally, that's veggies. I am on a broccoli kick right now.