A few questions, please. No one else to ask.

Options
I have been doing well in maintaining my weight loss. But I recently decided it was time to lose a bit more and tone some of my lose skin that I can. I've gotten into more cardio work outs, over my usually walking and hiking. In doing so I've noticed things with my body that I haven't before and I have no one else to ask. SO, here it goes.

When doing leg lifts, of any kind, my hip pops or makes a "snap pop" sound. Even laying down. The socket where my femur and hip connect pops all the time. I stretch, and take the workout down to lifting only high enough to not cause it to pop. Suggestions?

I've noticed it's not just my hip that does this, my shoulders at times as well and my elbows.. Will this ease over time or should I get that looked at? The hip is the only one that really seems to popsnap? the rest seem to kinda snap like cracking knuckles..

Naturally, at the moment, I know I am as flexible as a 2x4. Will more stretching ease this? Maybe a joint supplement? I don't have a Dr to ask, so if no one knows. It's alright, Ill work on it somehow.

Today, I was going a kickboxing video for beginners. I took it to my level, trying not to over stress anything, but I noticed when doing twist squats, bringing my knee up and crunching my abdomen. It caused my lungs to suck in and squeeze out air. Like an accordion.. Is that normal? Or was a twist squatting wrong? >.>;

A little about me. I am 31, until these last two years I have been a gamer, shy, quiet, closet shadow. I never got out except to walk at night, heavyset. I sat in my chair and played games, went to sleep, rinse repeat. I know my body has a lot of adjusting to do and I'm working hard. Thanks!

Replies

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    the rest seem to kinda snap like cracking knuckles..
    I asked my doctor to look into cracking in my joints. There are many causes, some benign and some worrisome. Many websites say not to worry unless you feel pain. My doc was nice enough to send me to PT and those noises greatly decreased as I addressed muscle imbalances and brought smaller muscles up to baseline strength. My PT seems to think what I was doing before was slowly wearing away at my cartilage, and that it's great I took the time to work on it.
    When doing leg lifts, of any kind, my hip pops or makes a 'snap pop' sound.
    My front leg raises are now almost completely noiseless, but really, my physical therapist and personal trainer have no qualms about me foregoing that exercise for life. It's knee-intense, there are plenty of ways to work the quads, and this doesn't mirror any movement in sports I enjoy.

(I actually hadn't re-tested it in months, until you mentioned it just now!)

Just one person's experiences, for what they're worth. :)