To eat the burned calories or not?!

Options
13»

Replies

• angelinhell
    angelinhell Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I go to the gym 6 times a week but only do 30 mins and burn around 300 cals according to the elliptical machine. When I put the same into mfp it usually over estimates calories burnt by about 1/3 so I eat back most of my calories some days and others only a few, depending how hungry I am. I and trying to get out of the habit or eating for the sake of it but in general I struggle to stick to 1200 a day. I have lost 10lbs in 21 days so far x
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    abakaska wrote: »
    iam doing 5% incline at 3.5 on a treadmill 90mins
    abakaska wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether to eat the calories I burn or not? Any advice?? 5'6" 173 burn 700 calories a night 6 days a week. I eat 3 meals a day (400calories a meal) and try to remember to snack in between...

Hell yes

eat back half

it's about lifestyle changes not deprivation

your burn is too high which is why I said half though, I haven't read the thread but assume, knowing MFP, that that has been covered and I'm just repeating stuff
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat back my exercise calories. To be frank, I often work out so I can eat more. I enjoy food, a lot! That's what got me to MFP first. I ate too much food! It's all about learning to eat the foods you enjoy and know you will encounter in your life in moderation!

Definitely eat back some of them, if not most! It won't slow down your weight loss significantly. I lost close to 30 lbs on MFP eating back most of my exercise calories!