Need Help

Options
Hi my name is Michael and I just want some advice on how I can stay motivated to consistently go to the gym and control my food portion

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Start with smaller and easier goals that you can make into habits, then slowly add on bigger goals. Seeing small successes helps to keep me motivated. For example, I started by cutting down on Dr. Pepper and replacing that with water. I was easily drinking 750 calories worth of Dr. Pepper every day, almost half of my recommended calories! I started adding Mio to my water for some taste and now I drink a Dr. Pepper every few weeks and then it is spread out of several days.

I started with my exercise goal to be exercising for 20 minutes 3 times a week and built up from there as I became more fit and lost weight. Buying a weight scale to measure all my food to make sure that I was eating the correct serving size really helped to control my food portions. Especially once I seen how much exercise I would have to do to burn off the calories of larger portions of foods that I didn't necessarily want.

Good luck!
  • Humblemike_
    Options
    Thanks I'll see how this goes for a week, so far logging everything is helping me, I'm trying not to eat so much but if I eat more calories than I'm supposed to I try to do some type of exercise