Greek Yogurt Pizza

Options
candacefausset
candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
I've been a bit obsessed with Greek yogurt and its versatility lately.We used pita bread as our crust. Then I mixed 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella shredded with 1/4 cup Fage fat free Greek yogurt, 2 tsp of parm, 2 tbsp feta. I spread sauce(homemade) on our crusts and then we put our toppings on and then the cheese mixture. It was a bit difficult to spread the cheese mix on top of the of the toppings because they kept shifting so next time we would probably put 7mnqq8hi397g.jpg
it on top of the sauce or even put the sauce on top of it. We used turkey bacon, spinach, fresh basil, cherub tomatoes. It would be fantastic with any combination of toppings.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I must try this. I've been on a pita pizza crust kick lately and I have all of those ingredients! Woohoo!
  • RegisSantos78
    Options
    Damm girl!!! I'm just starting to cook my last meal! Dying in starvation!!! Lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!

agreed! I like off the beaten path type of recipes... Greek yogurt would give it a bit of a tang and mix it up well with various cheeses and meats or whatever one would decide to add.

Thanks for taking time to share :) I too enjoy making Pita bread pizzas!
  • candacefausset
    Options
    I must try this. I've been on a pita pizza crust kick lately and I have all of those ingredients! Woohoo!

It was quite tasty and filling! We plan on making it a regular part of our rotation. But of course, always altering the ingredients. Next time I plan on chicken, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts! Let me know how you like it when you are done! And if you put in your own combination of ingredients, I would love to know what you use!
  • candacefausset
    Options
    Looks delicious!

agreed! I like off the beaten path type of recipes... Greek yogurt would give it a bit of a tang and mix it up well with various cheeses and meats or whatever one would decide to add.

Thanks for taking time to share :) I too enjoy making Pita bread pizzas!

We were so hesitant. I knew Greek yogurt works well in many things and I googled for a recipe similar to what I had in mind but all I found was pizza dough recipes that called for Greek yogurt. So we just went for it and I am glad we did. My husband has high expectations for pizza so he took the first bite while I was still divvying it up for the kiddos. I asked how it was and he said it was "Amazing!" I knew then that we stumbled upon a keeper!

• healthiermeep
    Options
    Never thought of doing that but uh yummmmmmy! I want some lol
  • mtvatedmamma85
    mtvatedmamma85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    These look awesome!