Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Not filling at all, at least for me.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    They're nice if you want a low-cal dessert. For meals or snacks? Personally, I would much rather have just about anything else.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    The problem with the packs as I see it is that you're limited on what options from the snack isle have been portioned out for you (a service you pay extra for).

I'd much rather buy the snacks I want in the large or economy size and portion out 100 calories of that snack myself.

You don't have to go by the manufacturers suggested serving size on any package. 140 calorie serving of something can be scaled down to 100 calorie serving of that same thing.
  • shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    shaunsmoot wrote: »
    The nutritional value in those little snack packs are not that great. I would advise to eat something clean like an apple w/ peanut butter or something that has more nutrition. You could always pick 1 or 2 days a week to include a snack pack so you don't feel deprived but I wouldn't do it on a daily basis.

Why not?

The higher the nutrition value the less hunger pains you will experience. You won't feel hungry for a longer period of time between meals. I would definitely chose quality over quantity. A quick fix with 100 calorie snack pack will leave you unsatisfied & wanting something more.
  • briannarios60
    briannarios60 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Know what's an excellent 100 calorie snack pack? Fruit. A big ole banana. A honeycrisp apple. Filling, delicious, provides sustainable energy, water and fiber. I love me some fruit, eat it eryday.

Wasn't what i asked but ok.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The nutritional value in those little snack packs are not that great. I would advise to eat something clean like an apple w/ peanut butter or something that has more nutrition. You could always pick 1 or 2 days a week to include a snack pack so you don't feel deprived but I wouldn't do it on a daily basis.

Why not?

The higher the nutrition value the less hunger pains you will experience. You won't feel hungry for a longer period of time between meals. I would definitely chose quality over quantity. A quick fix with 100 calorie snack pack will leave you unsatisfied & wanting something more.

Why does it have to be clean?
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I personally like them because I have a bit of a sweet tooth so it's nice to add a little sweet treat with lower calories. As long as you're not using it as your main source of nutrition, who cares? I don't know why some people are so anti-100 cal packs lmao.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Are they bad?

Nothing is bad. Even if they're 100 calories packs, I weigh them. No surprise that often there is more than the grams stated on the package, thus more than 100 calories.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Why not?

Not everyone experiences this.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them, it's fun for my sweet tooth.

Also fantastic to throw into my bags for when I'm out and about. If you can fit it in your "calorie bank" do it.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I used to get them all the time! Now, mostly to save money, I just buy bigger packages of snacks and portion them out. I like the convenience of grab and go :smile:.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like the popsecret 100 calorie kettle popcorn packs. I like them because they are lightly sweet and a good sized bag. I only do them every now and then because they have some chemicals and fake sweetners. But I like them.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Define "bad."
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Not sure about 'bad', but surely more expensive than buying bigger packs and DIY. As someone above said, you're paying for someone to portion it out into little packets for you. Surely better to buy some small sandwich bags and weigh out your own. More choice too!

Do you have Graze over there? Some of their punnets are less than 100 cals and are very nice indeed.
  • schultzud01
    Options
    For something sweet, I choose a vanilla yogurt. For something crunchy, I choose Cheerios.