How much do i need to do?

Options
I am doing a bit of everything from cardio to some strength training. However I have no idea how much I really need to do and how often to get the desired results. I want to lose about 10-15lbs and tone up. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Might have your body fat measured and go from there. Always can consult your doc and/or a personal trainer.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    30 minutes a day 5x a week walking is the minimum activity for being considered active. Add another 30 minutes a day 5x a week of moderate to vigorous exercise to get to be considered physically fit. That's the recommendation of the American College of Sports Medicine. They are very conservative, but that's their recommendation for safety for people starting out as sedentary, which is the majority of the American population.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    • Weight loss is a function of fewer calories in than calories out. You can lose weight without exercise.
    • A toned muscle is one which in a relaxed state will still be fairly tight. It's not something you can really do to a muscle.
    • When most women say 'toned' they mean less fat and more muscle. So, eat fewer calories and lift heavy.
  • havelotsfaith1
    havelotsfaith1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I understand that I need to lift and eat less. I just don't understand how much I really need to be doing lol