After work out meals.

Options
What are some good dinner ideas after working out? I leave the gym around 7:30-8ish and by the time I'm all showered and settled it's 9pm. Any suggestions on what I should eat at that time after working out?

Replies

• oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I usually eat before work out - but we usually always have the 3 main parts, carbs, proteins and fat. So for us we'll have some bake chicken, sweet potatoes and broccoli/green beans. Or Fish with salad. Tuna sandwich works for us too when we don't have much time. But I've meal prep our food for the entire week so it's pretty much pull from fridge and heat it up. Good luck!
  • ashley92188
    ashley92188 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yea I meal prep too and pull out the fridge lol. But I'm just getting back to the gym and go straight from work instead of stopping at home first so I don't have time to eat before. I probably would if I did. But stopping home first means I won't be leaving back out lol.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Im not home till 9pm after training. By the time i cook dinner and sit down its 9:30 or 10 depending what i cook

I would suggest you eat what ever you need to fill calories and macros for the day

Protein and vegetables of some sort is a great start

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of omelets, quick, fast, lots of protein.
  • ashley92188
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    Im not home till 9pm after training. By the time i cook dinner and sit down its 9:30 or 10 depending what i cook

I would suggest you eat what ever you need to fill calories and macros for the day

Ok thanks. There's just so much about eating after certain times and blah blah I wasn't sure.
  • ashley92188
    Options
    We eat a lot of omelets, quick, fast, lots of protein.

That's wat I decided on tonight. Scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »

Ok thanks. There's just so much about eating after certain times and blah blah I wasn't sure.

Yer its all crap don't over complicate it, Heck if your tired you could even just go to bed and add all the uneaten calories to your breakfast and have a mega meal. Ive done that a few times :)

as long as you avg calories over a week or months day to day wont matter, its all long term