Options
walkonfire5
walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
Your thoughts, and experience On this

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Can't comment I'm australian...hell I'm as funny as....just ask me...
    Get a lot of ???? Though

Btw its as funny as hell if its happening to someone else in any language
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Don't know about today's stuff, All I know is that when I was younger I watched "Benny Hill" all of the time and Loved watching "Are You Being Served"! :grinning:
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    [quote="slimgirljo15;30957230down an't comment I'm australian...hell I'm as funny as....just lol me...
    Get a lot of ???? Though

Btw its as funny as hell if its happening to someone else in any language[/quote]

As a oi oi ozzy ozzy. Your understand about taking the mick out of yourself and your fellow country men. Just makes me laugh when Americans get so uptight. When they fine this out lol

These like "your" sense of humour. you have to be able to sit down witj a pint and rip hell into urself and your fellow man lol
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ^ me too FabFanta and I'm Aussie.
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    But what about adam sandler net worth 350 - 500 million dollars and brings out movies at a shocking rate lol
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Lol,

And guessing as your american . hate him. Same with tyler perry. you wanna see a man in drag. What mr Browns boys. Check it out on youtube hehe
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    America steal British tv series to remake and they are never as funny. America also steals Japanese horror films to remake and they are never as scary. But I am American and I enjoy British humor. Typically it is a bit more mainstream because that is all I have been exposed to. Love the Cornetto trilogy, Run FatBoy Run (pretty much anything Simon Pegg really), Misfits (albeit not all humor), Spy and many more.
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    America steal British tv series to remake and they are never as funny. America also steals Japanese horror films to remake and they are never as scary. But I am American and I enjoy British humor. Typically it is a bit more mainstream because that is all I have been exposed to. Love the Cornetto trilogy, Run FatBoy Run (pretty much anything Simon Pegg really), Misfits (albeit not all humor), Spy and many more.

Oh good old spy, that takes me back, watch the royal bodyguard abit like spy old idiot put back in service. and watch vex a cop show not very many eps for both shows but worth the watch. Check out mr browns boys. And also youtube bbc american they had great comedy show on there about royal cousins poppy and her brother. Made the american guess super awkward. And il say watch chatty man. Gay talk show host drinks wears just a chilled night interview and channing tatum and jamie foxx they was pretty shocked lol
  • candacefausset
    Options

Oh good old spy, that takes me back, watch the royal bodyguard abit like spy old idiot put back in service. and watch vex a cop show not very many eps for both shows but worth the watch. Check out mr browns boys. And also youtube bbc american they had great comedy show on there about royal cousins poppy and her brother. Made the american guess super awkward. And il say watch chatty man. Gay talk show host drinks wears just a chilled night interview and channing tatum and jamie foxx they was pretty shocked lol

I'll have to check them out! Thanks for the suggestions!

I did love both versions of Whose Line was it Anyway though on the idea that America steals a lot of other shows to make their own...

I also like a lot of BBC stuff that isn't comedy- Doctor Who, Sherlock, etc.

• candacefausset
    Options
    Have you seen Keeping Mum? Thinking of Spy made me think of Mr. Bean and that made me think of Keeping Mum. We only just watched it a few months ago but geez, we were in stitches!
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Have you seen Keeping Mum? Thinking of Spy made me think of Mr. Bean and that made me think of Keeping Mum. We only just watched it a few months ago but geez, we were in stitches!

No i havent, it been on tv a few times. But il watch it again. Watch shaun of the dead. and johnny english Hehe mr beans becomes a spy hehe
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I understand when everyday British people are being humorous. But for the most part, I don't find the humor funny. Clever, yes. Funny, no.

But then there are the professional productions. Absolutely Fabulous and The Vicar of Dibley. Those were funny shows, imo.

And Peter Sellers. He was funny. And Dudley Moore. He was funny. And Sacha Baron Cohen. He might be the funniest person in the world.

So certain British comedians, script writers and actors are funny, imo.

ETA: Sorry, I forgot Tracy Ulman. One of the funniest and most talented women ever.

Watch alan carr chatty man channing tatum jamie foxx On youtube
  • candacefausset
    Options

No i havent, it been on tv a few times. But il watch it again. Watch shaun of the dead. and johnny english Hehe mr beans becomes a spy hehe

Seen them both. Shaun of the Dead is part of the cornetto trilogy. I have a love/hate relationship with Shaun of the Dead. It's funny but it took me three days to get through it because I am a weenie and I am scared of zombies lol. An irrational fear I know, but oh well.

• walkonfire5
    Options
    I understand when everyday British people are being humorous. But for the most part, I don't find the humor funny. Clever, yes. Funny, no.

But then there are the professional productions. Absolutely Fabulous and The Vicar of Dibley. Those were funny shows, imo.

And Peter Sellers. He was funny. And Dudley Moore. He was funny. And Sacha Baron Cohen. He might be the funniest person in the world.

ETA: Sorry, I forgot Tracy Ulman. One of the funniest and most talented women ever.

• walkonfire5
    Options

Seen them both. Shaun of the Dead is part of the cornetto trilogy. I have a love/hate relationship with Shaun of the Dead. It's funny but it took me three days to get through it because I am a weenie and I am scared of zombies lol. An irrational fear I know, but oh well.

Have you seen the cottage. Damn your hate dead snow one and 2 then. Not english though
  • candacefausset
    Options
    Haven't seen the Cottage. But I've seen Dead Snow. A massive amount of my friends are horror buffs so I get drawn into it. I like campy horror though. And I like the idea behind zombie culture. When I was a teen, my best friend and I would play the Resident Evil games. Well she would play and I would solve the puzzles lol. Anytime zombies popped out, I would throw the controller to her and jump under the covers or pillows! Plus I am a special effects makeup artist so I get called out to do a lot of zombie stuff... So I kind of enjoy it and am both terrified of it all at the same time. I'm conflicted lol
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Wow, please tell me you done walking dead
  • candacefausset
    Options

lol, no I do small scale stuff, local a lot. And I do makeup for photo shoots too. I'll make my next profile pic a zombie I've done soon!
  • walkonfire5
    Options

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Watched it
  • walkonfire5
    Options

lol, no I do small scale stuff, local a lot. And I do makeup for photo shoots too. I'll make my next profile pic a zombie I've done soon!

Yeah defo thanks. Its amazing what a bit of make up can do. Great how they up new ideas all the time. Damn i bet your great at halloween and themed parties