I'm only losing 1.8lb a week, feel it should be more!

Options
I'm only losing 1.8lb a week, and feel like this is going to take forever !!

Replies

• Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Be patient! 1.8 pounds a week is nothing to be disappointed about! You are doing something right so just keep on losing.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    How long did it take to gain the weight you're trying to lose? I'm guessing it took a while. Be patient with the process. Almost 2lbs per week is pretty phenomenal :wink:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    well it shouldn't

you need to preserve as much as your LBM as possible in order to hit maintenance at a higher calorie allowance

unless you are morbidly obese anything over 2lb is a ridiculous target, if you have less than 14lbs to lose then anything over 0.5lb is too much

there's a chart somewhere

perhaps someone will be kind enough to post it
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    That's actually quite fast and is a good loss rate if you have a lot to lose. Go much faster and you could be losing far too much muscle, which you don't want to lose. Yes, it does take a long while. It took me 8 months to slowly but healthily lose my weight (about 18 lb).
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

1.8 pounds way to go girl :D
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    1.8lbs is great. It will take a while that way, but that is almost the max of what this website will recommend you lose per week. It is a great loss for a week.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    I imagine if you had put on 1.8lb in a week you wouldn't be using the word 'only'.

1.8lb is excellent, don't let impatience and disappointment be your undoing.

Celebrate each loss regardless of what it is.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    1.8 is awesome (assuming you are not crash dieting and losing lean body mass like crazy.)

Almost two of these a week -
    314f5sg.jpg

Which soons adds up to this -
    2d8q7ok.jpg

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The good thing about weight loss taking a while is that by the time you reach your goal, you will have developed habits that will help keep it from coming back.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1.8 is fantastic progress!!

It does take forever. Weight loss is a slow process and requires a lot of patience. That 1.8 would be a Jump Up And Down week for me, lol.

The great thing about taking time to lose it is that you have time to practice new habits that will allow you to do things differently so that you don't just starve it off and then regain it when you're done. Use the time to teach yourself and practice new habits.

Hang in there. If you eat right and exercise, it'll come off. You have to be patient. :)
  • caryinboca
    caryinboca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Loved reading all of the posts as I was laughing! 1.8 pounds a week...you should be posting HOW you accomplished this to the rest of us. After reading the responses I hope you see this is phenomenal! In fact, maybe uou were just bragging! LOL
  • vaja4
    vaja4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, 1.8 per week sounds good to me. I would lose then regain a pound. You're doing great, keep up the good work.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I try to lose 2% of my fat mass (not body weight). So for a woman who is 200 pounds and has 40% body fat mass (80 pounds of fat) that's 80 * 0.02 = 1.6 pounds a week.
  • smartiecookies
    smartiecookies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1.8 is awesome (assuming you are not crash dieting and losing lean body mass like crazy.)

Almost two of these a week -
    314f5sg.jpg

Which soons adds up to this -
    2d8q7ok.jpg

This is what one pound of fat looks like (mug pic)?!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker you have less than 50 lbs to lose, so nearly 2 lbs a week is a perfectly fine rate!

The globby fat pictures are kind of gross, but it gives a pretty good visual. The way I think about it is with butter--a box of butter (4 sticks) is 1 lb. When I think about how much I've lost, or how much more I want to lose, I appraise myself in the mirror and think about where those blocks of butter were on my body, or where they are now and how nice it would be for them to be gone!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    That's 94 pounds a year - and I'm failing to see a problem here ...
  • weightsnbakes
    weightsnbakes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, 1.8lbs a week is fantastic. Be prepared to see that number slow down though, you might drop to 1lb a week and that's still fantastic. Be patient. Your fat loss will not happen overnight, or by summer. It might take a year but as long as you are working towards it, you have nothing to feel bad about.