2»

Replies

• markus532
    markus532 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    cereal raisin bran 1 % milk with blueberry's around 400 cal
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    my go to breakfast is oatmeal, 1 egg+2 egg whites scrambled, and an orange about 325 calories.
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I really like a protein shake in water (130 calories), packet of low sugar oatmeal (120 calories), and a cup of coffee with 2 tablespoons of french vanilla creamer in it (50-75 calories). Total is 300-325 calories and I am full for a long time.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich.

I keep lower calorie single serving snacks in my desk in case I get hungry mid morning.
  • maryrose_88
    Options
    If you have time lightly sautee some veggies, I like mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini and spinach, put it on a plate then add an egg or two on top (however you like it cooked). This is my favorite, yumm!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    All of my breakfasts are 300-350 calories.

I love yogurt, so each one has a greek yogurt mix that's about 115 calories. It's 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1.5T sugar free jam and .5T honey. It's got 12g protein and that's what really helps to keep me full.

1/2 of an everything bagel with whipped cream cheese on it.
    1/2 of a cinnamon raisin bagel with 12g peanut butter and a drizzle of honey.
    1 serving oatmeal or cream of wheat depending on my mood, made with almond milk or water, with 3t brown sugar. If I need a little more sweetness I'll add a tsp of sweetener too.

Basically, to stay full, try to fit in a little fat and protein where you can. Even if you don't like eggs, there are other protein options like cheese, Greek yogurt, or nuts.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I rely pretty heavily on eggs, cottage cheese, fruit, and light English muffins or light bread at breakfast. You can combine these things in a ton of different ways (veggie omelet and toast, fried egg on English muffin with side of fruit, etc.), have lots of food, get plenty of satiating protein and fat, and still stay under 350 calories.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Lots of good food ideas here. I've also found that for me, personally, if I wait until around 9 am to eat my breakfast, then I don't need a mid-morning snack and I can go until lunch time. Eliminating that snack frees up some extra calories for later in the afternoon/evening, which is when I enjoy them the most.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Pinhead oats (porridge) with nuts and fruit. Quite filling.

(I love breakfast and I alternate between that and bacon and eggs)
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with ground flax and chia seeds plus an apple sprinkled with cinnamon and a cup of tea around 7 or 8am. Then I have a snack (fruit, yogurt, string cheese, etc) at about 10:30. That keeps me satisfied until lunch.
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    Oatmeal with ground flax and chia seeds plus an apple sprinkled with cinnamon and a cup of tea around 7 or 8am. Then I have a snack (fruit, yogurt, string cheese, etc) at about 10:30. That keeps me satisfied until lunch.

Yeah, I have oatmeal (with other grains) and ground flax seeds with honey and cinnamon, it keeps me satisfied for a couple hours or so. That with a banana keeps me going until lunch. I have a light lunch (healthy sandwich with veggies), for a snack before the gym I have fat free greek yogurt with frozen berries, and after the gym I have a healthy dinner (chicken or salmon with veggies, sometimes with black beans or quinoa). Simple :)