Newbie - Exercise suggestions for 41 year old

Options
:D Hi, Any advice available - I need to lose around 50lbs, already managed to lose 8lbs since Christmas but need some suggestions on exercises which are suitable for someone who certainly hasn't done much in the way of exercise in the past. Was recently diagnosed with Diabetes 2 so trying to get my life back in order and take care of me for a change. I need something I can go at home until I feel confident enough to tackle exercise in public.

Replies

• Lindy0070
    Lindy0070 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy doing fitness dvd's (when I can be bothered). I love them once I've done them, it's just the faff of getting changed etc. The one I really like at the moment is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. There are 3 workouts which get progressively harder and you're done in 30 mins for each one. When I was in my twenties I lost loads of weight and toned up with the Cindy Crawford workout!!! I bought that on dvd recently too!
    Good luck anyway, you can't beat a brisk walk when the weather starts to get a bit better too.

Linda
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well done on making the commitment to yourself and for the loss so far. walking is a great way to start but I would say don't be afraid of joining a gym as it can open you up to lots of exercises that you may never have thought of - classes are a great way of enjoying yourself, getting fitter and making new friends. don't get me wrong I too was incredibly nervous going into the gym at my heaviest but guess what - at first nobody cared and then once they saw I was still there and still trying a few weeks and months later they actually came to offer support and I still have them now 12 months on