Plateau/slight weight gain

Options
hey everyone:)
this morning when I stepped on scale after a long time I was kind of shocked.. since the end of October I have gained 1.2 kg. Any weight gain makes me totally upset due to my struggles with EDs in the past and I do realize this may just be water weight but still...

Anyways, even in case I have not gained fat, I have not lost any weight which is really demotivating. I also measured myself and there was only very small difference (loss)... I eat around 1400-1500 kcal daily, work out 5-6x a week: 1-2 hours of cardio (3-4x week) (Les Mills classes, GRIT, HIIT, lots of walking) and strength training (2-3 x week)... I'm a girl, 21 y.o., 174cm tall...

According to my BMR results I am in a calorie deficit however I'm not loosing weight... Did I hit a plateau? Or do you think I could have put my body into starvation mode/slowed down my metabolism by cutting calories? Anyway, I'd appreciate every tip and advice:)

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It is extremely unlikely that you've slowed down your metabolism. You can go get it tested if you want to be sure, but the people who test metabolisms rarely see someone come in with a legitimately slow metabolism. It is more likely that you are eating more than you think.
  • devilinsoul
    devilinsoul Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i don't think so, I measure and log everything I put in my mouth, count macros, etc... but when I started working out and eating healthy, I used to eat 1000-1200 calories daily... In September I increased my calorie intake AND amount of work outs and continued loosing weight...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 1500 cal/day, you're not starving yourself. Have you done a prolonged calorie deficit? Doing that with a lot of cardio can result in a reduced metabolism. I've seen it happen a lot. I would consider doing a reverse diet to build your metabolism back up. From your profile pic, you seem like you're in good shape :smile:. Check this out and see if you think that this sounds like you.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk

If you have any questions, let me know. I've done the reverse diet myself (when from maintaining 2000 cal/day to 3000+ cal/day) and helped other people do it too.