Inspire me!

Options
Tuesday20
Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
I am eating a low carb diet, with more emphasis on fats and protein. However... I am BORED of constantly eating chicken with vegetables or tuna salad!! I am struggling most for breakfast and lunches as I need something quick, but without bacon, eggs or cottage cheese (which make me heave!). Do you have any suggestions? I have tried to have just my protein shake for breakfast in the mornings, but I have felt lethargic and hungry within an hour of being out! Thanks for your help! :smiley:

Replies

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Try cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt with flavoured whey. The whey might make the cottage cheese a lot more appealing. Just stir it in.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Quark or yogurt with fruit and nuts
    Salad with grilled chicken, grilled veg and hummus
    Smoked salmon and avocado salad
    Banana egg pancakes (you don't really taste the egg)
    Goat cheese and pumpkin salad
    Grilled protein of choice with a side of steamed veg
    Mexican lettuce cups (basically taco filling in lettuce cups)
    Soups, such as a tomato soup with white beans and mushrooms or pumpkin soup with chicken or prawns
    Mackerel salad
    Mozzarella and pesto salad with chicken
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks you so much for your responses!
    kimw91: I have bought Quark and the banana and egg pancakes have been a life saver! I buy banana flavoured protein powder, so I can add that extra protein in at breakfast! :) Tried avocado for the first time, not a fan, but thanks for the inspiration!
    socttacular: thank you for your reply, I love greek yogurt, I have never thought to add flavoured whey to it!! (I buy banana flavoured whey anyway) bet it's fantastic with nuts and low-carb fruits!!

xx
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You're welcome, I'm glad my suggestions helped! I didn't like avocado either when I first tried it and I still won't eat it by the spoon as I've seen some people do, but I do like the creaminess on a piece of otherwise dry toast or in a sandwich as a sub for mayo :)