Has Anyone Tried the "It Works!" Product Line?

Options
I'm going to an It Works! party that a friend is hosting. http://www.bodywraps-store.com
They have slimming body wraps, and ointments, etc. Has anyone in the community tried these products? When I go to her party, should I keep an open mind and try out/purchase some of these products, or are they total garbage?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    At best, body wraps might cause you to shed a little water in a few places. But for lasting weight loss, the only thing that works is eat less, move more. I wouldn't waste my money on that stuff.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    total garbage…

the only thing they will lighten is your wallet ..

and no, they do not work …

ETA - I would be pissed if a friend tried to invite me to their house to push a bunch of BS pyramid scheme products on me...
  • snoweduponberries
    snoweduponberries Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ha! Not a close friend. ;) but I assumed it was probably BS. I'll go to be supportive, but won't get suckered in. ;) Thanks!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    They even took the guess work out for everyone in their product name, how wonderful of them. I would imagine with the population density of the USA that that would make them a crap load of money, solely based on the Barnum and Bailey theory.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It changes the osmotic balance in your body to temporarily remove some excess water, which can give the temporary illusion of inches lost (note they always say inches in their ads). A lot of competition body builders will do something similar the day before a meet with preparation H and seran wrap to give their muscles the most pop. It's a waste of money.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've heard of women doing these before their wedding, but I can't imagine it's that comfortable- you can't drink water or you "gain" back what you lost, after all.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Garbage. Just another MLM weight loss product. It's the same as wrapping yourself in clingfilm for a few hours. You might lose some water initially, but you will gain it back in the hours that follow. If you can't zip a dress for a 2 hr event but you can ALMOST zip it.. that would be the only time to try something (but again-- clingfilm will do the same as those $$$ wraps.. or you could eat less in the weeks before an event and look good long after the event).
  • snoweduponberries
    snoweduponberries Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks, again, everyone! Just thought, if there was somehow any merit to it, I might buy something to try, but I'm not interested in wasting money. :)