Metabolic Testing

Options
I was wondering if anybody had tried metabolic testing before. I am seriously considering it to help with my last 10-12 pounds (that won't go away). I love myfitnesspal, but feel like I might be taking in too few calories thus, making my body want to store everything. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I did some research online about this as I was incredibly frustrated by what I was being told to eat by the standard guides (the gov't food pyramid, MFP basic settings, for example). So I took several questionnaires online and they all came out the same. I have not had any of the laboratory testing done, though.

Anyway, I came back protein type. Since I've read more on that and thought more about my dieting history (WW, Atkins, SoBe) and what foods I've felt best on, it's made sense. I felt FAN-FLIPPIN-TASTIC on Atkins. Knowing my metabolic type, that makes sense. If I were a carbo type, I would have felt like crap on Atkins. I was on here eating tons of fruits and whole grains, lean meats and was starving. All because that's not what my body needs. I need denser foods to keep me going.

I've also played around with what I eat. So I've spent a week trying different breakfasts and paying attention to how my body responds. It's helped me tremendously. Now instead of having fruit and cereal for breakfast, turkey sausage and eggs make my day awesome.

All in all, I'm for it. We aren't all created equal, so the low fat carby regime of one person may not work for another, like me. Similarly, a fattier protein dense meal may make some one else feel icky. The metabolic typing helped reaffirm this for me.

I wish you much luck! :)