inches but not lbs?

Options
So I had a baby in June and I am just about at my goal weight. I have kind of plateaued with weight lose but I noticed that I lost an inch. Am I measuring wrong or can you lose an inch without losing weight? I have been cutting calories, breastfeeding, and doing Focus T25 daily.

Replies

• hollia13
    hollia13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. You are probably gaining muscle and losing fat. Muscle is more compact than fat, even though it weighs more. As long as the inches are coming off, you are doing great!
  • kelliemele
    kelliemele Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really hope that's the case :D
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I usually go by inches lost versus pounds lost because I lose inches sometimes when the scale doesn't budge. I have decided the scale is of the devil!
  • kelliemele
    kelliemele Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! The scale makes me obsess which is not healthy!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    hollia13 wrote: »
    Absolutely. You are probably gaining muscle and losing fat. Muscle is more compact than fat, even though it weighs more. As long as the inches are coming off, you are doing great!

No no no. She said she's cutting calories (deficit), breastfeeding (deficit), and doing a cardio program (probably deficit). She is NOT gaining muscle mass at a deficit.

OP: If you're losing inches, you're possibly measuring yourself with some error. It's very hard to measure exactly the same every time. Additionally, it is likely that some of your skin is bouncing back a little/redistributing in fun new ways thanks to hormones and your body trying to recover.

• jenniferbertram7165
    Options
    T25 is not strictly Cardio. Yes there is a lot of Cardio. But let me say, I have lost many inches doing T25. Many times, the scale hasn't moved at all. Or it has even went up from time to time but my inches still go down. And yes it is easy to measure in different spots. One way to make sure that you are measuring the same every time is to...for example....measure from your shoulder bone to your elbow. Then measure around your arm at the middle of the first measurement. Do the same with your thigh.