10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 5.5 lbs so far.. I'm really :D happy..

Awesome! What do you think helped you achieve such great success!?
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in a low place and have really let the wagon run me over numerous times since I fell off back in September. I'm looking for help & encouragement. I'm hoping this challenge will keep me accountable and kickstart the good...

Name: Carrie
    Height: 5'4
    Start weight (1st Feb): 149.5
    Goal weight (1st March): 143

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:149.5 highest in 3.5 years :neutral_face:
    8th Feb:
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: n/a
    Weight loss/gain so far this month:n/a

Struggles/successes this week: bummed and disappointed that I have worked so hard for the past 3.5 years and just let it all slide away. Struggling with food & motivation
  • spanna72
    Options
    Im in! Ive got 10lbs to lose and exercise regularly, eating 1000-1100 calories a day. Cannot shift the weight!! My scalea are stuck. Needing some serious motivation!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    Do you often follow Paleo, since it's no starch/dairy?
    What kinds of recipes do you have?
    I did Paleo for 5weeks and got some great recipes.
    Thanks for the encouragement! I have probably followed Palro for a combined total of 3 weeks on and off since October, so I'm not a regular by any means. My naturopathic doctor recommended that I follow it. I'm such a boring food preparer. I only know 2 recipes and they aren't Paleo.

Bland foods don't bother me. I've recently discovered Herbanare (a mix of spices that are salty without actual salt) and put that on some things. So, I don't have meany recipes to speak of, but I found some sites if I were to ever really attempt it.

My doctor gave me a modified Paleo plan cause the real thing is very restrictive. Meanwhile, I turn to quinoa and brown rice (and GF breads sometimes). On Paleo, I really loves sweet potatoes and anything to do with cauliflower. ...and sardines. Haha.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    yaafee wrote: »
    Struggles/successes this week: bummed and disappointed that I have worked so hard for the past 3.5 years and just let it all slide away. Struggling with food & motivation
    Make time for you to do whatever exercise you love, and to eat healthy. Be kind to yourself. The past doesn't matter, nor exist. Let it go, appreciate that you are doing this now, cause that's the only time we ever have. Focus on the positive and build on that. Is some things slows you do, but let that pass and keep on going.

@spanna72 - Try eating more calories? It's recommended you do not eat below 1200, and that's if do nothing but lay in bed all day (practically). Of you move around/workout, you should be eating more. You might not be losing weight cause you body is clinging to it for "life" cause it thinks you are going through a famine. Add some healthy calories/fats (that's how I used to up my calories when I found I was eating too few on the Paleo plan): flax oil, coconut oil, avocado, sweet potato.
  • meglettuce
    meglettuce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @huango‌

So I've recently started a 5:2 diet plan (I know people will have different opinions on this but I am basically aiming for a 1200kcal a day net over the week, with days I'm over and days I'm under so that it balances out). I don't tend to eat that many carbs apart from fruit, and aim for high protein and healthy fats... I lift weights on my normal days and I own a horse which needs exercising on my 'fast' days:

So typically a week would be:

Monday: normal diet day so fairly low carb and high protein (in theory, I don't beat myself up about it) eat about 1600cals and cycle 5 miles to and from the gym for a shoulder and abs workout (unless it's raining, then I drive there and warm up for 10 mins on a stationary bike)

Tuesday: 'fast' day eating around 750 cals and exercise the horse for 30 minutes in the evening (this is walking/jogging at the moment as he has an injury)

Wednesday: same as Monday but Back and biceps at the gym

Thursday: fast and exercise horse 30 minutes

Friday: 1600 cals (ish) and chest and triceps

Saturday: aim for 1600 cals unless my Fiancé treats me to a dinner out (in which case my cals will be probably be around 2500) and leg workout, walk the dogs for an hour and exercise the horse

Sunday: rest from gym (but still have the pets to exercise) and maybe fast if I have gone way over on Saturday

This may sound complicated, but I find I need the food for energy on my lifting days and don't feel like dinner on my 'fast' days. I basically found myself eating dinner for the sake of it while not feeling hungry, so started just skipping it 2 days a week. I have lost 8 lbs and 3% body fat by doing this since 1st January (wish the gym competition had started then!)

Feel free to have a look at my diary... I try to log everything...

Also:
    We went out for dinner last night and I ate around 2400 cals so need to be a bit careful this weekend as I'm over my weekly cals by about 300 at the moment...
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know I am a little late but I am in too.

5'6"

CW 147

I am a fairly active person, on weekdays I usually get in an hour workout and on weekends I get in several hours with hiking, cross country skiing. I am not a huge junk food fan..cookies, cake, chips are not in my house. For me I think it may be excess in calories. I have yo stay focused.
  • yaafee
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. The past doesn't matter, nor exist. Let it go, appreciate that you are doing this now, cause that's the only time we ever have. Focus on the positive and build on that.

Thanks Steph_135 (*)
  • janarn329
    janarn329 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im in on this. . Im having a really hard time motivating but I did it once with MFP and I can do it again. . just need alittle more accoutability and pushing from some friends. .

5'5"
    cw 175
    gw 150-157
  • spanna72
    Options
    Thanks @Steph_135 I will try increasing calories. I'm fairly active- I have a 17 month old daughter and a 14 yr old son, got to Zumba weekly (I have 2 left feet), horse ride on a sund and have just started yoga which I surprisingly loved!
    Cw 9stone 5
    Gw 8stone 5
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So hungry! Wicked awesome workout this afternoon; need to refuel!
    - Warmup: 8min walk on treadmill 8.0incline 3.5mph
    - 5x8: squat 115#; DL 125# (haven't been this high in a few months)
    - Day7 abs/pushup challenge: 5x20, pushups 5x10, twists 5x20
    - Tricep bench dips: 3x10

Looking forward to dinner: braised beef w/ red wine reduction.

Today is Day 38 of no night-time snacking.
    I think I'll get myself a piece of jewelry or something when I reach 50days of no night-time snacking.

@jlkemode:
    WTG w/ the 5K
    Need to post picture of your new dress.
    I’m wearing this to next Saturday’s fundraiser: need to hem ~5inches (even wearing 4inch heels)!!!

10854247_10206144395594802_5183482285618729709_o.jpg

@estrella8282:
    WTG w/ the weight loss.
    Keep up the great job!

@meglettuce:
    How tall are you?
    Hey, we’re on similar plans.
    I cycle w/ 5:2 FAST, at 700calories on the cut-week.
    I lift also, and cardio 2-3x a week (Zumba, walk stairs, walk laps)

Stay strong this weekend everyone!
    truthful logging and keep moving!
    GAME ON!

Amanda
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @huango‌ that dress is beautiful!!

I actually didn't get a full length pic of me in the dress, but I'll post a pic when it comes back from the dry cleaners!
    janarn329 wrote: »
    Im in on this. . Im having a really hard time motivating but I did it once with MFP and I can do it again. . just need alittle more accoutability and pushing from some friends. .

5'5"
    cw 175
    gw 150-157

@janarn329‌ please feel free to friend me on MFP! You can do this!
  • meglettuce
    meglettuce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @huango‌

I love the dress!

That's interesting! I lift roughly the same for squats/deadlifts as you but do 3 sets 10 reps super sets with split squats and ham curls :) I'm 5'3" how tall are you?
  • yaafee
    Options
    I bought my first reward yesterday (a week of logging truthfully and being honest with myself) and got an awesome set of 8# weights. I can't believe how excited I am to use them-I'm such a dork. (PS - TJ Maxx and Ross have a lot of workout gear/clothes/mats right now and are cheaper than the Walmart sales price.)

Next goal: meeting calorie and workout goals for a whole week in a row = 10mm exercise mat (my 4mm yoga mat is just not great on the hardwood floors at home)

Finishing February at 143: jump rope

Finish 30DS: bosu

• jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @yaafee‌ I love TJ Maxx for workout clothes and gear! Both my sets of weights came from there, but target also has low prices on weights. I got my yoga mat from there also, for way cheaper than anywhere else! I think it was 13 bucks!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Need to share my revelation.
    It is SOOO much about nutrition over training.

Wow: I MUST have been eating a TON more than my 4'11" body needed for all these years! Because just since 1/1/15 (39days), I can totally SEE how my body is improving from a focus on calories reduction and maintaining macros control.

Because my workouts haven't changed; if anything, it's sub-par compared to last year when I was able to deadlift 200# (my highest these days = 135+).

Want to introduce you to SoheeFit:
    She's been a GREAT inspiration. I've learned so much from her.
    http://www.soheefit.com/cardio/

Her views of nutrition benefits over training:
    - if your life gets busy, spent the tiny remaining amount of energy into your nutrition, rather dragging yourself to the gym:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Esy7sz97o8

My food log yesterday:
    Did pretty good w/ my macros today!
    Totals 1,311 141 40 102 10 46
    Your Daily Goal 1,740 131 87 109 17 30
    Remaining 429 -10 47 7 7 -16

I had about 300+ calories left after dinner, and I had almost no carb left, so I whipped up the mint chocolate protein smoothie (235cal, 25carbs, 28protein, 3 fiber, 13sugar) instead of reaching for chips or cookies.
    While grabbing the cocoa powder, I found the dark chocolate/almond bar. Totally thought about eating it, but my smoothie was so big, I skipped on the chocolate treat. <<--- patting myself on my back for being good.

I may have many more months to go, but I am liking the start of this journey.
    I am eating better, I am not deprived.
    I CHOOSE to dedicate time to food logging and macros management.
    I am in control.

Amanda

@enipla‌ "I think it may be excess in calories"
    That's my conclusion for my body.
    You can do this!

@meglettuce‌
    I'm 4'11" and 121#.
    I need to learn some vocabs: superset and drop sets, etc.
    I'm researching more on bodybuilding.com

@yaafee‌
    Love the incentive goals.
    Thanks for the head's up about TJMaxx/workout clothes.
  • stephmw9
    stephmw9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

SW: 230
    CW: 214.8
    GW: 160 <-- then I may reevaluate
    5'7"
    24 years old

I'm not new to MFP, just new to actually logging in and using it. I figure if i update my weight on here then it holds me more accountable.

I've always bounced around with my weight but somehow made it all the way up to 230, not good! I got my body fat % checked and that was my reality check. Time to do something about this.

160 is my goal for now, I have no idea what I look like at that weight anymore.

My biggest hurdle is snacking at night. Really trying not to, or at least to chose something healthier.

I love to work out, just not so much fun to do it alone for me. I'm in a new place right now and the BF is on the other side of the country. Missing my workout support a little.

Good Luck everyone!!
  • dogbydog123
    dogbydog123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    Coming into Feb. I was 183
    Feb. 8. 181

Goal for April 1 is 173

However, it is going to be tough. I must go back to the higher dosage of Cymbalta to relieve my chronic pain. I refuse to use this as an excuce, but rather see it as a further challenge to conquer. I am more determined than ever.

I exercise M -F at the Sr Ctr in classes and a minimum of 3 hrs a wk on the bike -- which is great for battling the arthritis in my knees. This week I shall miss Monday and Tuesday as I am getting another cortisone shot Monday morning. I can still do my upper body strength exercises at home.

My Wt Mgmt Dr at the University of Ky has me on 1400 calories per day and limits of 35 g carb per meal and 25 g max per snack.

My survival trick is to carry healthy snacks with me when I leave the house.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ooOooOOoo! I would love to join this! Especially to help get me bikini body ready for summer! Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • dogbydog123
    dogbydog123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey all! So, I will be heading out to happy hour with some office friends. I have already 12 cups of water today. I am getting up and walking around trying to reach my 10,000 steps on FitBit. What would be the safest beverage to have that won't kill my calories?

Try a Virgin Bloody Mary. Quite healthy and no alcohol. Usually comes with a stick of celery. If you DO want alcohol, a small glass of red wine.