Anyone here with gestational diabetes?

Options
Back after awhile from longing. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and trying to keep carbs under control due to gestational diabetes. Anyone else here using site to help track for same problem? Once baby born I'm back to calorie and carb counting.

Replies

• cairistionacoburn
    Options
    Just diabetes mellitis.
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Do you count carbs more than calories?
  • ebie614
    ebie614 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there--I have GD for the second time (second pregnancy). I'm using MFP to track my carbs and my blood sugar readings. It's really been a life saver. As it stands, because I'm still trying to diet control the GD instead of going on meds (was able to do without meds last pregnancy), I'm logging about 1200-1400 calories per day. For me, it's all about the carbs and not so much the number of calories. I have plenty of "reserves" and baby is measuring right on track, so he/she is doing just fine. I'm more concerned about limiting baby's risk at this point than how hungry I feel (although I am hungry!). Walking after meals or snacks has helped me a lot this time around, so if you can try to do that, it may help you control your numbers. Hope this helps some!
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ebie614 wrote: »
    Hi there--I have GD for the second time (second pregnancy). I'm using MFP to track my carbs and my blood sugar readings. It's really been a life saver. As it stands, because I'm still trying to diet control the GD instead of going on meds (was able to do without meds last pregnancy), I'm logging about 1200-1400 calories per day. For me, it's all about the carbs and not so much the number of calories. I have plenty of "reserves" and baby is measuring right on track, so he/she is doing just fine. I'm more concerned about limiting baby's risk at this point than how hungry I feel (although I am hungry!). Walking after meals or snacks has helped me a lot this time around, so if you can try to do that, it may help you control your numbers. Hope this helps some!

Yes that does help. Thanks so much for the reply.