How do you monitor your weight?

2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I weigh every month every day the week following my period to see how low I get, so I can compare to the previous month (it's typically when I hit my lowest weight every month). Then record the lowest weight from that month. It's been wacky because of the Holidays though (it fell that week every time), so we'll see what I actually get next week.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Weigh myself every day. I allow myself 5# either way. If I begin to gain, I eat less and/or do some extra exercise. If I go down in weight (not an issue except for 1 time), I eat more. Works for me, and I need the accountability.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    weekly weigh in.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 86 Member
    I weigh everyday.
    I can't go by my clothes fit because I gained 15-20 pounds before I even noticed my clothes getting tight. It was 30 pounds before I had to go up a size.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    I weigh a few times a week just to check I'm still doing fine, although if I did gain a few pounds I'd know right away by my clothes.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Use the same scale every time and make sure it's at the same time of the day too cos this can fluctuate greatly. I weigh in once a week using the same scale first thing in the morning before eating or drinking and after being to the toilet lol You're not going to all of a sudden gain 7-9lbs without either noticing it in the mirror or by the fit of your clothes.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,836 MFP Moderator
    SuggaD wrote: »
    ...Those who gain it all back just don't care at the moment they are gaining. They definitely notice. I also don't understand how people allow themselves to get beyond X weight...

I'm not sure they don't care, but often you have other stuff more critical to worry about - sick relatives, job stress, etc. etc. When I've had a terminally ill relative, my very last thought was of myself. People who are depressed are just trying to get through each day.

Also, pretty much everyone has been a yo-yo dieter at some point. We tell ourselves "Oh, it's just a few pounds. I've lost it before and I can lose it again." The weight generally doesn't come on overnight so it sort of can sneak up on you. It's a pound here and there and by the end of the year it's 10. If you're not weighing and you wear loose clothes, you might not notice for a while. Ask anyone who wears scrubs for work. They're very forgiving. ;)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    get on the scale every morning
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    I weigh myself every Friday morning. I still count calories and log daily. My weight has not even fluctuated an ounce in 5 months.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I weigh every other week and log on a regular basis (not today because I'm travelling). Other than that I pay attention to how my clothes fit and do laundry regularly so things aren't stretched out.
  • I try to weigh 4 or more times a week. I also try to do it always in the morning before breakfast. I use a WiFi scale that syncs with MyFitnessPal and the scale software. Creates nice graphs and archives the data. I have almost 2 years of information I can view anytime.
  • brightwell44
    brightwell44 Posts: 17 Member
    Look in the mirror if u like what you see your good to go