Hello - Thinking of Switching from Weight Watchers App to This

Options
Hi There,
I have been using the Weight Watchers App on and off for a while. Since the new year I have been under my weekly points allowance, have been exercising at least 5 days a week (45min) on a stationary bike/moderate to high intensity) and haven't lost any weight. It's really frustrating and I don't understand why. The only things I can think of is maybe I have majorly underestimated my points or something. But you would think even if I had done that, still with all the exercise I would have lost some weight.

A little about myself...am 5'9", female, age 37 and weight 228lbs. Years ago I was on Adderall for ADHD and since going off it two years ago my weight just keeps climbing. I am now on Vyvanse (another ADHD drug)which when I first started taking it in November I initially lost a bit of weight-but now my weight has just stayed the same. I don't know if these medications have just messed with my metabolism or what. I am also on Zoloft which I think contributes to the weight gain.

So, I am wondering if this app may be a better way to go. I don't know. I don't think I am gaining muscle or anything like that. My clothes still feel the same. I don't get it. It's so frustrating...but I am not about to give up. What is hard is realizes that I have to do all this just to maintain my weight...what if I stopped...will I end up 250lbs? Argh.

Replies

• mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What's your daily intake like on WW? Do you eat a lot of fruit? A lot of veggies? My understanding is that you only get 2 servings of fruits "free". You might find if you duel tracked that you're eating more on WW than you think you are and that's why you're not losing any weight.

I have found success on both plans, but it's important to remember that "free" isn't actually free. Those veggies and fruits still have calories. Using the recipe builder will add in those points when you're eating a veggie heavy meal that you wouldn't normally see tracked if you added them separately.

As far as your medications are concerned, the only person that can really answer those questions are your doctors.
  • mmacpeek
    Options
    I dropped my ww app... This one is free:) and it tracks carbs, fats and proteins... Important in weight loss and health. I think it is just as easy to use and don't regret the switch at all! Make sure you are tracking your portion sizes correctly!
  • pylonic
    pylonic Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks-yeah this one seems so easy-and since it's free-why not try it :-)
    I'm not sure what went on with weight watchers as it had always worked for me in the past. I had upped my fruit and veggie intake but are a lot more veggies than fruit. I don't know-it's hard to stay motivated when you work so hard but don't see any change. I'm not going to give up-I know I am doing things that are good for me-I'd just like to see some results. I hate my metabolism. I just wish I could be a heathy weight.
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight when I moved and couldn't get a prescription right away for my ADHD. Now I am scared to take adderal because every time I move I procrastinate about getting a new doctor and all that comes with having to get re-evaluated etc etc. did you start taking adderall again?