White pasta

is white pasta that bad for you if your eating it in moderation? I'm trying to lose weight and get muscle at the same time. I eat it with Turkey mince and just once a day,

Replies

• SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    I don't know a thing about building muscle while losing weight, maybe someone else can offer help there but pasta is not bad for you. Some people are anti-carb when it comes to food, and that works for them, but carbs aren't inherently bad. Most foods generally aren't bad for you when you practice moderation; we all know that a greasy fast-food cheeseburger or a big chunk of gooey chocolate cake are not exactly healthy nor a good choice as everyday foods, but once in a while isn't going to do you harm. Turkey mince is a good choice too, it's yummy and not as fatty as pork mince.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    To answer your question: No, it's not a bad food when eaten in moderation.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    To answer your question: No, it's not a bad food when eaten in moderation.

this ^^

It really depends on your whole diet. Once a day may be fine for you, or it may be too much.

Wonder how long before the 'you can't build muscle and lose weight at the same time' crowd shows up.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Unless you have gluten intolerance and/or wheat allergy, It is not bad at all. Just fit it into your calories and macros.