Could this be right?

Options
Hi guys, I'm taking a class at a local university, and I'm here for a long time. So I have lunch here.

The food services are really good about posting the calories associated with each food item, but I'm having a hard time with this one.

It's a chicken salad wrap, and they say it's 258 calories. But, the flour tortilla is about 12" in diameter, then plus the chicken salad (which seems to be basically chicken, mayo and seasonings). Maybe 3/4 cup of the chicken salad total. It just seems low to me based on such a big tortilla.

I know this is all shot in the dark guesstimating. So far on the days when I am here, I have it and log it at what they show, but then try to eat under for about 150 calories for the day. I'm really not confident in the 258.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    When I think something is too low I either log it as 1.5 servings (or 2 depending on how low) or enter the various items I think are in it separately.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That does seem a bit low. Is there any way you can ask them what kind of dressing they use in the chicken salad?

Like Ready2Rock206 said, if you are feeling a little weary about it, I would log it as 1.5.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if the 258 calories is for half, so a whole wrap would be 2 servings? :) I've noticed that on a lot of pre-made subs/wraps.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    When I think something is too low I either log it as 1.5 servings (or 2 depending on how low) or enter the various items I think are in it separately.

This ^^^
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the 258 calories is for half, so a whole wrap would be 2 servings? :) I've noticed that on a lot of pre-made subs/wraps.

This^^^^
    Often sandwiches/wraps count a serving as each half. Just ask the people in the cafeteria, they should have a good idea.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Edit, 358 sorry! They were slow and you are right, I was able to talk to the lady. She said it is a 310 calorie tortilla, and I can estimate the rest. She said it is low on their board by the difference in light and regular mayo because they have been out of light.