Frozen Meals ok???

Options
124»

Replies

• MNSchulz88
    Options

I have a few select brands that I absolutely love, they are preservative free and have limited ingredient lists and as far as I can tell are not different from me making meals myself and freezing them. And I find they are invaluable about once a week or so when I'm exhausted at the end of the day and not in the mood to cook but still want to sit down with my family and have a healthy dinner. It's sure healthier than the alternatives, at least for us. The alternatives tend to be my husband making dinner from a box or calling Domino's.

That said, I love salt and don't worry about sodium or constrain it. I know I eat lots, so I kept track and when I had my blood work done and my physical told my doctor I was eating at least twice the daily recommended allowance, sometimes more. He said my numbers looked good, I didn't have any problems associated with high salt intake, and that too much sodium is only a problem if you have high blood pressure or another problem. In other words, sodium wouldn't GIVE me problems, it would exacerbate existing problems, which I don't have, so not to worry. He said about a third of the populate doesn't seem to be affected by salt, so as long as I wasn't exhibiting any symptoms and by blood work continued to be great, have at it. So, ummm...(forgive me for what I'm about to do...) take my advice with a grain of salt. :smiley:

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    They aren't terrible.....as long as you add Sriracha to them. Sriracha makes everything taste better.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Go for it, and it's additionally cheaper and more convenient. All you have to do is keep an eye on the salt content and how that may affect weight fluctuations day-to-day. If you're happy, IIFYM and keep you full and satiated, then by all means :)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    They aren't terrible.....as long as you add Sriracha to them. Sriracha makes everything taste better.

I approve this post.

Mmmm... Sriracha.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

I approve this post.

Mmmm... Sriracha.

Hahaha I can see the drool over here... be careful :)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Go for it, and it's additionally cheaper

It is not cheaper. It costs less for me to make my own meals and freeze them in individual portions. Tastes better and better nutrition. I have done the math.

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used to buy them a lot to take to work for a quick lunch. My favorites were the Lean Cuisine Apple Cranberry Chicken, Tortilla Crusted Fish, & their Santa Fe Rice & Beans. I also liked the Healthy Choice Crustless Chicken Pot Pie & their Pumpkin Ravioli is pretty good too.

I've been eating a lot of the Amy's & Red's burritos lately, because they're so tasty! They can range in calories from around 260-310.

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I keep a few in my freezer at all times. They are great for when I'm working too late or have unexpectedly been called into work. They are awesome! I tend to have one or two and week