has anyone done a detox cleanse for the body before? if so did it help?

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    the funny thing is if you look at the reviews of all the detoxes they all lost 5 pounds doing it because there blocked and not going to the bathroom I eat fruits and vegetables everyday and I drink a gallon of water a day and still cant go I think the people that are always doubting the products are the people that arnt happy with there self which includes all of you guys saying it doesn't work. because obously you guys havnt tried it. if your not happy about your self then go do something about it instead of saying *kitten* don't work if you never tried it you guys make yourself look stupid

Yea of course the company is going to put some crap reviews they want your money which they got.

You figured it out I'm very unhappy with myself cause I didn't throw away money on a detox but instead understand they aren't necessary because your body does very well on it's own. But if you like to throw money away I can give you my paypal

And they are literally CRAP reviews lol.

Yes they are!
    crap-crap-everywhere.jpg
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think we have hit MFP bingo on thread topics today:

sugar - locked down
    pop is disgusting and the same as smoking cigarettes - locked down
    and now...detox ....soon to be locked down...

You must have missed the "Drinking only Milk and not Eating Anything" thread. NOT locked down!

• salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OP - in your defense, I'm going to assume you came to this board to ask a question about something that you really didn't know much about. That's cool.

Just my two cents, the absolute best "detox/cleanse" you can do for yourself is drinking lots of water, eating decent foods, and sweating.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I had food poisoning once. I don't recommend you purposely do anything to "cleanse" your body. That's why you have organs like kidneys and a liver.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    OP is just another poster seeking validation and not actual opinions.

Anyone can get good reviews for the right price. It happens all of the time on Amazon and other sales sites.

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Click on "search" and type in "detox"
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I did a detox not 2 minutes ago. I honestly feel like I just lost 5 lbs.

I may need a new toilet.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'll bite.

Don't bother wasting your money on detoxes and cleanses. Before I wised up, I used to spend more money than I'm proud to admit to on that crap. (Pun intended.) All it is is a laxative (or combo of several) that makes you poop until you're blue in the face. Every time I would try a new one, I would basically spend the entire day sitting on the porcelain throne. Did I lose weight? Yeah, and flushed it all down the toilet. But as soon as I ate, that weight came right back. You know why?! Because the "weight" you lost was just the food waste your body was digesting. When you take the laxative, your body just pushes it all out real fast showing a fake weight loss.

Take it from someone who has tried at least 10 different detoxes and cleanses over the years (before I learned how dumb I was): save your money.

ETA: had to fix a spelling error on my part.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

sugar - locked down

You must have missed the "Drinking only Milk and not Eating Anything" thread. NOT locked down!

How about the egg fast? Did you miss that? :open_mouth:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

sugar - locked down

LOL I saw that one ...and commented on it...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water makes you go to the bathroom alot.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    has anyone done a detox cleanse for the body before?
    I have a liver for that.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    has anyone done a detox cleanse for the body before? if so did it help? I just got the cleanser 14 day women's formula. its suppose to make you go to the bathroom a lot

I cleanse naturally 4-5 times a day. My kidneys and digestive system do a pretty good job.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You need to listen to what these posters are saying about cleanses and detoxes. They're right. Please listen and do not spend money on this kind of stuff. It's a waste of time and money. Read the stickies if you're new to MFP and learn some important information to help you lose weight. That's all you need to get started.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I did a detox not 2 minutes ago. I honestly feel like I just lost 5 lbs.

I may need a new toilet.

The Taco Bell/Mexican food detox? I've done that one. Almost as effective as a case of food poisoning.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Don't.
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Your liver is either detoxing you all the time or you're dying. You cannot do something to detox your liver except avoid certain things that are poisonous to your liver. There is no cleanse, detox, or magic hoodoo that you can do to detox.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I detox/cleanse 24/7/365, and I don't have to do anything special or spend any money.

Got to love the natural and free services offered by my kidneys and liver.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Isagenix is crap too. I wouldn't waste my money; it's another pyramid scheme.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Gee I wonder if 3 detox topics on page one are enough? No sure which one was first but geeze.